College football thread, non-Utah edition

Recruit the Moms and get the players.

2 Likes

Recruiting along the 405 is easy. Take a couple of Songleaders with you to the visit with the recruit.

They will sign.

Blah, blah, blah.
Weā€™ll see.

Thatā€™s a productive response. The man is giving 10+ wins to a program that hasnā€™t ever had them and winning in post season. Heā€™s not like the guys you listed. Heā€™s got everything everyone is looking for and he runs a great system.

Does anyone know what the ā€œdistastefulā€ chant was that was directed at byuā€™s team in their game with Southern Cal?

Whaddaya wanna do, argue stats?
Knock yourself out.

1 Like

Thatā€™s kind of what gestures at message board this is all about.

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Weā€™ll see. Thatā€™s all we can do. College coaching hiring is a bit of a crapshoot.

Maybe something about receding hairlines?

2 Likes

Well, that is distasteful. No one wants to do that. :wink:

3 Likes

What you talking about! I been doing that for 30 years now.

Wellā€¦I meanā€¦itā€™s just been one Mormon in particular. But stillā€¦

8 Likes

:laughing:

Well played, sir.

Bout spit my Coke out of my nose reading that line. That was well played, and very funny.

So, not distasteful thenā€¦

1 Like

30 years, damn! youā€™re a machine, take a break for a minute.

I managed to get a picture of EddieRā€™s car. :wink:

3 Likes

Two of his kids are dogs, I donā€™t want to say which ones cause itā€™s rude, but they know who they are.

1 Like

I donā€™t think youā€™ll get many chanting it to the face of the guy holding the flag.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a Mormon, and as a life long resident of Salt Lake, if I had a major problem with Latter Day Saintā€™s (theyā€™re recently preferred identifier), Iā€™d no longer be here.

Iā€™m a Ute fan, and as such, I recognize that a lot of my fellow Ute fans are LDS, and as long as we are all cheering for my Utes, weā€™re all friends and brothers and have common enemies, perhaps chief among them, UCS.

It seems to me that Utah (and itā€™s Mormons) did, somewhat more convincingly than BYU (and itā€™s Mormonā€™s did), execute that chant in the opposite direction.

But Iā€™ll let @ghostofOCGreg determine if that claim is really true :slight_smile:

FTā€¦ oh, never mind.