College football thread, non-Utah edition

Wait, you said USC/LSU would be stupid not to make Tucker their top target (even without a conference championship or coaching his own players for a few seasons. Oh, wait, that’s when he was 8-0 in his 2nd year.

1 Like

I think giving a coach a job is totally different than giving him Nick Saban’s Salary (which is what they are paid). I also think SC is a mid tier job. LSU getting Mel Tucker at 6 or 7 million makes too much sense. 9 million may be a bit much.

Didn’t have “Harry Styles Calling the Hogs in Arkansas” on my bingo card:

I wouldn’t have it on my card either.

Halftime at The Big House today

2 Likes

Florida looks like it hit a Homerun:

1 Like

This has been expected for a week or so, IIRC. I think Napier is a good choice for UF. Kinda surprised LSU didn’t push harder for him.

We’ll see.

Everyone thinks SC hit a home run but Coach Napier turned a program around has a better post season record than Lincoln Riley.

So did Dirk Koetter, Dan Hawkins, Houston Nutt, Brady Hoke…

We’ll see.

Same reaction to Lincoln Riley.

We’ll see.

2 Likes

I’ve been talking to my wife’s cousin. Her brother is in deep as a Sooner booster. She had a zoom call today with the family back in Norman. They don’t believe Riley is leaving and this SC story is BS. I’m remember Urban Meyer leaving Utah. He denied it I think the day he was gone. So…who knows, maybe Riley is working OU for more coin.

1 Like

Ha Ha Ha! You’re funny.

Two Heisman winners
One Heisman finalist
Never finished ranked below #7 (before this year)
Three college football playoff appearance

And all while having to convince kids to live in Norman, Oklahoma.

FTFO!

I don’t know how many years but it was the 12 Million per + incentives that did it.

FTFO!

So less successful than Ed O in winning championships. Lincoln played in a weak conference with zero competition. His Sooners are worse than when he took them over. Just look at this season. Struggled every game and his sure 1st round QB was a flop.

California commits going to Lincoln Riley in Oklahoma the past 4 years? 3. Two of those 4 years ago. Zero ties to California. Nice hire SC!

We are way past the stage of this just being rumor. USC has already put out a press release.

If somehow Lincoln Riley is staying in Oklahoma, this will be a huge snafu on USC’s part, which come to think of it, will be really funny.

1 Like

…uhhhhhhh, hello!?

Don’t worry. I’m sure Bryce Young wouldn’t dream of entering the portal to come back home.

FTFO!

Billy Napier was once the youngest coordinator in FBS. He’s worked under Dabo Swinney and Nick Saban. Son of a HS Football coach:

1 Like

Coach Ed O knows how to recruit single Moms, but that’s not what we need right now.

FTFO!

2 Likes

The next big question is going to be who jumps to Seattle.