Clay Helton Fired at SC

I say it Everytime. Without Utah Saban doesn’t go on this run. His team believed the press clippings and the name on the chest would win the game. They didn’t fully buy into his process. He hasn’t had many issues getting teams focused since Utah. That ass whipping was so good it made the team buy into the process.

I don’t know if it’s because I hated SC growing up but is this not a lateral move? Oregon has the cash, you can recruit and the expectations aren’t unreasonable at Oregon. To me it may be the best job if not UCLA or Utah in the Pac 12.

Phil Knight U…eeeerrrrr…Oregon has facilities U$C wishes they could get. Mario has a nice payday and can recruit the 405 and the rest of the West for talent. Due to U$C’s historical pedigree, at best this is a lateral move that will end in 5 years with a firing.

Mario is not going anywhere.

1 Like

USC has an easier time recruiting 5 stars from LA (or Riverside as BamaFan calls it). There are a lot of five-four stars in LA and Mario has a national recruiting reputation. I think Mario would be my first choice as well.

Are you calling Scientologists 5*?

I agree with Mario call. Not to mention his deep ties to South Florida recruiting. I just don’t think the SC job is better.

USC has a higher ceiling. I agree that fan expectations at USC are through the roof, but frankly they ought to be considering the potential/history of the program.

If Mario values job security over elite status, he stays. If he values nattys over job security, he moves to Riverside.

4 Likes

Cal Baptist 2025 Natty Champs!

I’m all in on Jack Del Rio being tapped.

The news isn’t getting better for SC.

2 Likes

Nothing quite like the rear landing gears taking a ■■■■ on the tarmac. On a positive note, at least it didn’t happen on the landing.

2 Likes

Bob Stoops looks and acts like a spring chicken. He’d be a great hire.

Bring that 9-9 bowl record.

2 Likes

Watching the USC Wazzu game. After Wazzu scores a TD, USC’s band won’t stop playing the Trojan match over and over. So annoying and weird.

Jaxson Dart in the game and has made a couple of nice throws.

and an interception and fumble

1 Like

I am a Californian, and I think it’s some of the worst fast food in the planet. I do not get why it’s so popular with Californians and foreigners who visit (a foreigner is anyone who can’t show their California birth certificate). And don’t get me started on their soggy fries.

2 Likes

Some of the crap that Meyer did after leaving Utah is abhorrent. But, in my ever so humble opinion, without Meyer, Utah is still in the MWC.

And here’s a thing about scandals. No one cares as long as you’re winning national championships. It’s the ‘Murican way.

1 Like
1 Like

And USC now has 2 conference losses. Slovis returns with 3 INT.

We have issues but if we can get it together, ASU’s offense isn’t as potent as hoped and defense is just ok, USC is vulnerable, AZ just sucks, CU has absolutely no offense. UCLA is looking pretty good.

I thought the next 2 games would make or break our season (probably still will), but Oct 30 might be the pivotal game (while not overlooking OSU or Stanford, I’m chalking up a L vs. Oregon).

OSU ran for 300+ on OSU. Secure your run game and that’s a big W.

Found this gem on Youtube looking for Utah’s old play-by-play calls.

1 Like

I was at that game, but I personally did not go home happy. I loved the fact that we were there, and that we had beat BYU to get there, and loved the almost comeback, as it didn’t seem like we would be in the game early, but after the comeback started, I thought we would have another Yergensen miracle finish; I REALLY thought we were destined to win that game.

Thanks for the video though, particularly the Jamal Anderson reference.

1 Like

Oh no, I’ve seen this look before. Someone is about to rededicate his time to family and need to toss the ball with his son more in Los Angeles.

3 Likes