Class of 22 Utah Football Recruits

Yes, thank you!!

It’s signing day for football. Basketball signing day is in April.

So far 8 letters are in. No real surprises so far other than Sione Vaki, a safety who signed in 2019 and went on a mission. The official site updates whenever a LOI comes in. Link here:

Now 10 letters in. Includes DT Dallas Vakalahi from West, who hadn’t officially committed until today.

1 Like

Now 13 letters in. Two new names: Keith Olsen, a huge OL from WA, and DL Keanu Tanuvasa, a returning missionary from CA who originally signed with the Utes in 2019.

Still waiting on 5 commits to send in their letter: QB Rose, TE Mbanasor, WR’s Peppins, Reed, and Lowe.

8 Likes

Haven’t seen where Mbanasor and Lowe have signed, but maybe I’m missing something.

Here’s one we lost to TDS, Aisea Mia, who flipped on us a while back. Not sure how I feel about this quote from the Tribune.

It’s not all about football over there,” Moa said. “They want to teach us how to be successful in life and be great dads and husbands. Everyone is real over there. They don’t lie to you and try to get you to commit to them. They always kept it 100 with me and everyone else throughout everything and left the decision to us.”

Normally I don’t take this kind of stuff out the mouth of an 18 year old seriously, but this one seemed pretty snide and uncalled for. Given our graduation rate, I’d have to say it wasn’t just snide, but total BS and really unnecessary.

8 Likes

He’s got the dads and husbands part backwards unless he wants to run foul of the honor code

10 Likes

Someone needs to start an anti-fax movement with courthouses. In the legal world, there are still judges who prefer faxes over pdfs.

2 Likes

There is something about some of these analog technologies that is so kitschy that they get to hang around.

There are laws in some states that faxed signatures are OK on legal documents, but emailed (pdf) signatures are not legally acceptable. Fax machines will endure until that gets fixed.

5 Likes

That is the reason. That is also why medical providers often require faxes.

Many state’s electronic signature laws, until very recently, did not allow for a signed PDF to be considered a legal signature. With the new secure signature features Adobe and others have gotten through the rigor of legal and security review, eventually it will overtake the FAX.

3 Likes

external-content.duckduckgo.com

5 Likes

@UtahFanSir is still using 8-tracks and Betamax. :wink::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I do a lot of work in support of my Mother and my MIL (both in their 80s and with dementia) both financial and medical, and it is not just organizations reacting to laws, there are several that have internal polices that require paper or fax. The irony, is that I have no fax machine and refuse to drive to and pay for an organization that will fax it for me, so I scan the paper, (or more often use a digital signature on a PDF) and use eFAX.

I probably mutter the following phrase 3 times a week to my wife: it will be nice when these organizations are dragged kicking and screaming into the 1990s.

(That said, I do still use a turn table to play some of my old analog records, and have a 1970’s analog 4 channel reel to reel tape deck that I use for amateur recordings - they are just great pieces of equipment :slight_smile: ).

4 Likes

Given the news that broke this morning verifying that Provo and BYU police readily share reports of sexual assault to the Honor Code Office, the victim then faces questioning on their behavior from people who know details they’ve not been told by the victim, and the perpetrators generally walk free, maybe it was a conscious choice.

5 Likes

Wait…what?

That’s horrific.

3 Likes

Here’s the link to the Tribune’s story that posted this morning. Since it may be paywalled for many there are some key quotes from it included.

BYU Police Share Sex Assault Info With Honor Code Office

Katie Wilson went to Provo police six years ago to report that a man had sexually assaulted her. She was a student at Brigham Young University, but she didn’t talk to the school’s police force because it had happened off campus.

So when she recently learned that her case appeared in newly released emails from a BYU police lieutenant to other school officials, she gasped.

Suddenly, Wilson said, her conversations with an associate dean made more sense.

The emails don’t show what information the police lieutenant may have shared after he used a restricted database to access Wilson’s case file in Provo.

But the associate dean, Sarah Westerberg, “knew a lot of details about my sexual assault that I hadn’t shared with them,” Wilson said. And Westerberg used that information, Wilson said, to confront her about whether she had broken the religious school’s rules.

Westerberg “said I was breaking the Honor Code with what I was wearing,” Wilson said. “She knew I had let him drive me home afterwards, and she didn’t care that I didn’t know where I was, or that he had hurt me so bad that I couldn’t find my way home. She knew he had me touch him on the drive home, which she said sounded like consent to her, instead of me just trying not to die.”

You’re absolutely right. It’s horrific. Victim blaming at its absolute worst.

6 Likes