Class of 22 Utah Football Recruits

I’m happy for him. He’ll get a good education, and if he works really hard, he may eventually start. While I hate to see Utah’s top HS talent go to Oregon, USC, UCLA, tOSU, etc., sometimes a kid just wants a new and different experience elsewhere. Ute fans should not take this personally. Sometimes this type of change is the right kind of challenge for certain kids.

I can’t see him coming to Utah as a QB. We just lost 4* Peter Costelli because the QB room is packed. Cam Rising will be Utah’s QB for at least one more year, probably two. Freshman 4* Ja’Quinden Jackson is learning the ropes too, and may end up as a great Utah QB. And then two top rated HS QBs are joining the 2022 class in 3* Brandon Rose and 4* Nate Johnson.

In two years, the Utes will be ready to add another QB to the freshman class or hit the transfer portal again looking for the next Cam Rising.

PAC 12 1st team QB Cam Rising :wink:

I kind of wonder if JQJ stays as backup (hopefully next year at least to give time for the other qbs to grow/learn) or ends up changing positions or entering the portal (again) at some point. I guess it’s a good problem to have if we still have a healthy starter and capable backups

:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Great news but I sure hope someone at the U who does the graphics for these commits fixes the mistake… his last name is misspelled. :woman_facepalming:t2:
Nothing says “family” like getting your last name wrong.

Utah has like 10 to 12 seniors a year, and that is a guess. But the program signs some 25 kids a year. For folks who know where the data is, what happened to the rest. Where does the differential go? I assume they dropped out, transferred, quit football, moved on in some way or another. I would not be surprised to see 10+ kids leave the program at the end of this season who are not graduating.

I’d like to see for the last four years, who signed, and where they are in the program or elsewhere today.

Anyone up to that challenge?

More evidence that Eric Kjar is not Utah’s friend.

2 Likes

I bit of nerdy 247 data for ya.

Lander Barton is now the highest rated 2022 commit at .9195 edging Nate Johnson .9120

Nate Johnson is now the 20th ranked recruit in CA ( up from 45!)

No real love from 247 for Jaylon Glover. His .8754 remains static and has dropped from 70 to 75th best recruit in FL. Based on some of the senior highlights I thought he’d be a riser.

Currently Utah’s class ranking is .8710 slightly lower than 2020 .8727

1 Like

new football commit:

Elijah Davis, a DB out of Florida.

7 Likes

apparently we’re in the market for all the TE’s

1 Like

I guess we’re going for an A-11 scheme.

Football commit:

Logan Kendall, a grad transfer FB/TE from Idaho. Supposed to be a great road-grader of a blocker.

3 Likes

Another football commit:

Landon Morris, a TE transfer from Syracuse. A tall receiving TE. Has several years of eligibility left.

3 Likes

And one more commit. A PWO from Olympus. Anthony Olsen, a TE. Former basketball player who has only played one year of football. His highlight video is impressive.

Utes looking for a few more TE’s to fill this class?

3 Likes

I used to think of Stanford as Tight End U, but I’m beginning to think we’ve replaced them in that regard. I like it.

2 Likes

Any word from Kincaid? I think he would be featured a lot next season if he sticks around.

Why didn’t Ethan Calvert pay this season?

If I recall correctly, he got injured against Weber State.

3 Likes

Isn’t there a couple of TEs on the roster already that caught a few passes this year. An Irish name or Armenian type name or something like that?

1 Like

Based on my probably flawed memory, I would guess if you looked at the season’s film you would find Kincaid was a more impressive receiver than Kuithe. Kuithe was targeted more often, but had a few drops, while Kincaid showed some great hands on some tough catches. I can’t compare their blocking abilities because I’m not a football expert and mostly watch where the ball is, but it seems they both do well there.

4 Likes

Are you thinking of Yassmin the Australian? There is Connor O’Toole, but he’s a WR.

1 Like