Can anyone explain why the U is hellbent on moving over to that garbage interlocking U logo?

Well not all teams

That said, they are the only two holdouts.

Meh.

Drum n feather still breathing

3 Likes

Hallelujah!

5 Likes

haven’t seen this before, but I like this logo

7 Likes

Would have been better with two interlocking U.

It’s from the academic side, therefore the Block U. The interlocking U-s and the D&F are trademarks for just the athletic programs. This one represents a broader perspective.

5 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I haven’t seen a Ute Proud logo I liked. I understand and applaud the meaning and purpose. The designs just end up too messy for what’s classically a simple logo.

3 Likes

There was a much better interlocking U logo used in the past that we could have mined instead of the ham-fisted garbage we’ve got now.

And despite those issues, it’s still leagues better than the one we are stuck with now.

Ugh, disagree.

4 Likes

I agree with you until. . . I saw this today and it may have changed my mind.

6 Likes

Uteking, I love the fervor you bring to this debate. Your take is terrible but I love the passion. :wink:

5 Likes

I see that one and think “1989” or “business school logo” or “atari.”

3 Likes

I’m 100% in agreement with UteKing on this issue.

1 Like

That is a good use of the Ute tribe design. I like it too.

Given that Gen X is in the heart of their nostalgia years, this is perfect. The fact is, Utah doesn’t have rich design history to draw from, so the only ‘retro’ version of our logo is weak.

This one is perfection.

Ummmm…no.

4 Likes

This looks like a fantastic university that also has a steakhouse with a :fire: salad bar.

1 Like