Can anyone explain why the U is hellbent on moving over to that garbage interlocking U logo?

From my perspective, they’ll look like incomplete interlocking lower case Ns. My seats are on the non-broadcast (sunny) side of the stadium :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definite upgrade on the 50.

No. Just stop.

1 Like

Please tell me we are going to do something about the pink seats. You can’t spend millions on an upgraded stadium and have mismatched seats.

I would assume that the folks in charge are aware of the blow torch fix and not thinking they would have to replace?

2 Likes

I mean, look at how much better it looks when they are red!

https://images.app.goo.gl/hAsJpDz6g3KwiTKA6

And how much better will they look when they are full! Hopefully no more kickoffs that keep those of… a certain age group… home because of the hour and the cold. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, nobody really ever sees them besides the actual fans in the stadium. When you see it on TV, there are fans there, so, you can’t really even tell.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve been vocal about my like for the interlocking U. That said, I prefer the Pantone 200 to Pantone 185.

1 Like

I think we recently got a renewal on the agreement with the Ute tribe.

One thing that may have come up is the drum & feathers is actually a sacred symbol to them. One of their tribal elders told me it’s not a drum and feather, it’s their Circle of Life, with eagle feathers pointing up to the Creator.

If that’s the back story, I have no problem giving up that logo.

A related group, the Goshutes, a tiny group of 200 people on the Utah-Nevada border, have a downtown clinic in SLC open to everyone called the Sacred Circle Clinic, caters to the underrepresented folks, poor people on Medicaid, etc.

Home - Sacred Circle Healthcare

3 Likes

Block U, Interlocking U’s, DnF…they’re all good. The real aesthetic issue facing Utah is the business of our uniforms. We need to get back to simple, two-color unis:

red/white combos
all red with white trim
all white with red trim
once a year, all black with white trim

2 Likes

One thing I chuckle about is various people commenting on social media posts about how they will “miss the drum and feather” in the middle of the field. As far as I can tell it hasn’t been there since 1976.

6 Likes

YES! Sure, coming from an Alabama fan you would expect this. I hate alternate unis and non-team colors being used. The use of black unis on schools that don’t have black in their color scheme is weird.

1 Like

The U decided years ago to remove the circle and feather from ‘permanent” surfaces, such as floors and fields in case the MOU was not renewed. It prevented expensive changes to all facilities.

While I prefer the DnF, I don’t hate the interlocking U’s. I imagine they’ll grow on me.

1 Like

It’s easily removed, unlike having to replace the entire floor :smirk:

So do I. I’m OK with the interlocking U logo but I always liked the iconic simplicity of the block U. Washington has a block W, Nebraska has a block N. Anyway, the interlocking letters are more distinctive. The color is weak, though.

2 Likes

They don’t at the JMHC, it’s not a modular floor.

For other events it’s covered, but it’s not like the floor at Vivint where it’s made to be moved in and out.

Regardless of school colors, white has always used by every school. It has also been the same case with black but in recent years black has took off to often mostly black or all black. The days of red or white shirts and pants or combo is over. All teams that can afford to have multiple options and like to introduce new twists.