Can anyone explain why the U is hellbent on moving over to that garbage interlocking U logo?

Seriously, it looks like it was designed by a 6-year old on MS paint - and not the new 3d version either. It’s catastrophically bad from a design standpoint. It is utterly devoid of any visual interest - bland af as the kids would say. It seems like only a few years ago that there was much celebration when they finally dumped that garbage logo from the license plates and replaced it with the vastly superior beveled block U, and no we are back to square one. I understand jettisoning the drum and feather, but this is mind boggling. It matters naught, but I will not spend a dime on merch that features the interlocking U.

I… like the interlocking U. I had a hat with it and miss it. The block U is all right but isn’t terribly obvious out of context (out of Utah), except as part of the drum 'n feather which is a whole other ballgame.

2 Likes

Sorry, but this logo is fantastic.

5 Likes

I literally had to lean back from my computer screen like a farsighted old man to even tell what it is supposed to be. It’s an absolute dumpster fire of a design and the University of Indiana did it better anyway.

1 Like

I find the beveled Block U to be hideous myself. I don’t mind the interlocking U logo. The classic Block U without the stupid bevel is my favorite.

2 Likes

Sorry, the IU logo is badass.

1 Like

No, it’s not.

5 Likes

A lot of schools call themselves the « U », like the Universities of Miami and Minnesota. I have a hat with the block U, and no one, except crazy Zoobs, fellow alumni, and an occasional PAC12 fan knows what it represents.

I like the interlocking U’s. Makes more sense.

3 Likes

Nah. It really is nice. I have zero love for IU but their stuff looks classic.

Now this logo sucks:

1 Like

Hey NBT! We agree on something. How about that. :wink:

1 Like

I like the interlocking UU.

1 Like

By that metric, any "U"niversity could call themselves “the U” - it’s idiotic when Miami does it or any other “university”. Utah is the only state that starts with a U, so having a U on a hat makes perfect sense.

4 Likes

Right? Imagine wearing a purple hat with a “U” on it. I’m sure everyone would naturally assume you’re a Washington fan.

2 Likes

Except I have a College near me that does it named Union. UofU logo is great though.

agreed the interlocking U’s are awful, just a step above the swoop logos. I had the old license plate and hated it. I get that you can’t have the drum n feather on the field or on the court any longer, but what about the Ute Proud logo? I’m a fan.

4 Likes

I really want to love this. I love the concept and the story behind it. But it’s a trainwreck. There’s too much going on there. Refining this idea could be amazing, however.

3 Likes

I loathe the Block U. Soooo plain and boring. Interlocking you is a solid option if we can’t have the drum and feather.

1 Like
2 Likes

More like interlocking boos.

1 Like