Ballads you love

Three Dog Night was big in my younger days. Here’s one of their lesser-known ballads:

One critic says:

In 1975, Three Dog Night released their last great album entitled Coming Down Your Way. The opening track of the album featured a beautiful song entitled “Till The World Ends.” The song was written by Kenny Loggins. It was released as a single but only reached as far as the number 32 position on the Billboard hot 100 music charts. Regardless of its peak position, its one of the most beautiful and tender ballads that lead singer Chuck Negron ever sung.

1 Like

When I was in high school I was listening to this one and my mother overheard it playing. She stopped and listened to the end and said, “That’s really a pretty song. Do you like that band?” I was really surprised. That was the moment I realized that a great song is not generational. It’s just a great song.

2 Likes

Here’s another from Three Dog Night.

2 Likes

And a little known one by Mark Lindsay (formerly of Paul Revere and the Raiders)

1 Like
4 Likes

A lot of these are retro but I’ve found a channel on Pandora I really like, Hipster Cocktail Party. Now, I usually get hives at the mention Hipster if it doesn’t involve Welby.

But give it a listen and these examples if you’re in the mood for a ballad from today.

That was a really great performance

1 Like

And, honestly, Waves may be a pretty of an instrumental as I’ve heard in a long time. But it’s Hipster so I have an issue with that. LOL

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

This should qualify as a ballad. Me and Bobby McGee.

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Melissa is classic and just an amazing song. Here are two new ones we have been enjoying. The Pandora channel is “Hipster Cocktail Party” and normally I break out in hives at the mention of “hipster”. But it’s interesting. Our 58 year old neighbor mentioned that she likes it and our 19 year old house-sitter neighbor’s daughter mentioned that she really liked it.

and

1 Like

That moment of enlightenment where you realize that “Melissa” has absolutely nothing to do with Melissa… LOL

2 Likes

Enjoyed Mr Probz. Had not heard of them before, soulful vocals.

This is a little-known James Taylor ballad with a lovely guitar solo in the beginning—maybe his best.

2 Likes