2023 WBB March Madness Thread

PAC 12 – not bad so far. 7/64=~11% → 3/16=~19%

5 Likes

When I went to bed last night, Duke was winning and controlling play, so I figured, it was done. Good piece of news this morning to see Duke lose in anything. Apologies to any Duke fans on the board.

I am not usually a big Miami fan, but they way they held off IU in Bloomington was pretty amazing. That was a thrilling game. Miami missing free throws and IU hitting two threes late, but Miami hit just barely enough free throws to win.

1 Like

Didn’t see the game other than the game tracker. Sounded exciting.

Would use Pendante’s height and athleticism against LSU’s Reese. Reese had 25 pts, 24 rebounds, and 6 blocks against Michigan. 24 rebounds! We’ll need to play like Princeton.

1 Like

The Utah WBB team has gotten me more interested in their game and I like it. It’s more solid fundamental basketball beneath the rim. Frankly, junior high and high school kids should probably spend more time watching NCAA WBB video to learn proper play execution than the NBA where the talent level is so high that mere mortals shouldn’t even think about trying it.

3 Likes

LSU’s Kim Mulkey previews Utah/LSU game. This is going to be a super tough challenge. Angel Reese is a monster.

2 Likes

For sure a tough game coming. Utes beat both Ole Miss and Alabama, two teams that played LSU tough. This is a match-up of two teams that seem pretty well matched, as you would think in a 2seed 3seed game.

1 Like

Yup. It’s also a matchup issue. We tend to have issues with athletic bigs and pressing D (e.g. UA, Stanford, CU). If our outside shooting can be at least par with our regular season, then that would be a good starting point.

I hope we can continue to push the ball quickly up floor and negate some of the offensive issues we would face if slowed down. If we have to set up each time down, it makes LSU’s defense a lot easier.

2 Likes

Nova and Miami (from the Sunshine State) in a battle right now (winner gets the Utah-LSU winner).

Have to return to work so will be going into ‘cave mode’ until after work so I can watch the Utes game without spoilers.

1 Like

But don’t you want at least some little spoilers? :wink:

Is it me (I might have had a shot or two) or are these refs clearly on LSU’s side?!?!

2 Likes

IDK but they’re def an obnoxious team. Starts from top down I guess.

My Minnesota friend that loves women’s basketball said he hates LSU’s coach because she is a whiny b***h (his words) so I guess it’s true.

2 Likes

Ouch. Could have gone ahead and missed both FT.

2 Likes

So close. Great season.

2 Likes

Free throws hurt us.

1 Like

That’s pretty harsh from a Minnesotan. I would have expected, “Big jerk,” but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Holy buckets!

1 Like

We have a great women’s Bball coach.

10 Likes