2023 WBB March Madness Thread

When we were watching that moment I said to my wife, “There’s some good coaching going on right now.” I was right. You just have to love what Lynne Roberts is doing at Utah.

9 Likes

As I said to my friend a month ago, watch out for next year. Everyone will be back and we’ll have more depth, and possibly more talent.

This season has been great.

7 Likes

See my post earlier in this thread.

As befits someone who wants the spotlight on her, instead of her athletes, she comes out dressed like a peacock basically saying look at me, look at me!!

What a tough, tough loss. As I said earlier it seemed both teams were evenly matched and that proved out.

I thought the officials were bad for both teams, so no complaints there.

McQueen had her three ball going, and Kneepkens played a great second half.

Just couldn’t hit enough free throws. Hard to hit 100% and that was what was needed.

As to LAUte’s post of Roberts’ comments, spot on. I coach youth sports and that is the language I use to console a kid who feels he let the team down late in a game.

2022 - Round of 32
2023 - Sweet Sixteen
2024 - ???

This team is a special group of athletes and deserve all the kudos.

4 Likes

The WBB team had a special season. They weren’t expected to be a top tier team in the conference, let alone make a run to the Sweet 16. The fact we tied ‘Furd for the regular season conference #1 speaks volumes to the job these kids and their coach did to bring their game to the next level. Losing on the big stage hurts, but getting to the big stage from what was oblivion not that long ago is awesome. In the end, out of the hundreds of teams that started the season, only one gets to raise the trophy as champions. It didn’t happen this year for us, so on to next year.

GO UTES!!!

4 Likes

After seeing the absolutely shockingly horrible game between Miami and LSU, it just makes me, more than usual, ask “what if”.

1 Like

One more thought about the Women’s tourney.

The only non #1 or #2 seed in the final four is LSU at #3. If the Utes hit a couple of free throws, the final four games could have been a #1 against a #2 in both games.

What could have been.

Nice to see.

South Carolina’s Dawn Staley Praised for Classy Move During Win Over UCLA

https://www.si.com/college/2023/03/26/south-carolina-dawn-staley-praised-classy-move-during-win-over-ucla?fbclid=IwAR1RR0RAUbTO2K3HqlSJ1EmUZaoWGZrdfb-kg9QDIHzr6I0LQpMjooKgMVE&mibextid=5zvaxg

3 Likes

Great to see stories like this. But, I do have to wonder, if the game was closer, and more in doubt, does she do the same thing? If so, then, that really sets a high bar.

1 Like

LSU and Virginia Tech playing right now. LSU coach has another outrageous outfit on.

3 Likes

That Caitlin Clark is just unbelievable.

5 Likes

I kept thinking during the game, at some point they will figure out a way to stop her, but no. During that 4Q she got, what, three uncontested layups?

The longer LSU plays, the more it feeds the Mulkey ego, the worse it is for the game.

4 Likes

Mulkey still hasn’t emptied her closet…

3 Likes

Oh well. At least we lost to the eventual champions.

1 Like

Clark should have been MVP, regardless of the loss.

Utah can proudly say we gave the eventual champions all they could handle in the sweet sixteen. But the less I say about LSU’s coach the better.

If we can keep all of our team together for next year, it has the potential to be a special season.

4 Likes

I wish I could give your post more stars.

Early next season rankings have Utah at #2 and LSU at #3

4 Likes

I hope the team can have a chance at revenge.

1 Like

Caitlin Clark shows impressive class here.

2 Likes