2023 WBB March Madness Thread

Utah WBB is a #2 seed and will be hosting the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament. It will be a Friday-Sunday schedule.

Friday - vs Gardner Webb ( if we advance, and we’d better)
Sunday - vs winner of NC State and Princeton

PAC got 7 teams in. And the lowest seed the PAC got was an 8. Pretty damn good.

11 Likes

Game times announced. Utah vs. Garner-Webb at 530 and NC St vs. Princeton at 800. (Wish it was switched, but determined by the networks and does mean a larger national audience for the Utes)

2 Likes

I wish I could be there, and I certainly hope that they can really fill up the place.

I know nothing about Gardiner Webb, but you would think if they are not sharp they could lose to NC State/Princeton.

1 Like

Princeton on a 14 game winning streak. And last year as an 11 seed, the Tigers beat Kentucky in the first round and lost by a point to 3 seed Indiana (in Bloomington)

2 Likes

OK, wow. I guess when you are in the tournament, you have to be on your game every night.

1 Like

Yep, it’s all “Win or go home” now.

1 Like

Hopeful we’ll have a great attendance. I’ll be there.

1 Like

Game Day!

1 Like

Get out there and support the team, if you can. Have fun and let’s go Utes!

I’ll be there with 3 friends. Go Utes!

2 Likes

Good game. Couldn’t make it in person but watched on tv. Will try to be there Sunday depending on the game time.

Got home a short while ago from a late dinner. Great crowd (+7k). We were sloppy, but got it done in 4Q. Princeton is next.

Interesting.

“Utah’s total was a call to action in response to Roberts’ huddle, and a statement from Salt Lake City to a group of the country that called out the Utes as frauds despite their share of the Pac-12 regular season title. Many questioned their resume when the women’s selection committee gave them the No. 1 seed in the second reveal. And there are questions about how good the Pac-12 really is, top to bottom.”

4 Likes

A stellar game by Pili and all around superb team effort by the Utes who had 32 assists ( on 37 FGs)

Many fans left after the opener, but we stayed and enjoyed an entertaining game between NC State and Princeton with the Tigers making a late run, taking the lead on a trey with 5 seconds left and when the Wolfpack had the ball knocked away and time ran out during the loose scramble, the Princeton bench erupted with a midcourt celebration we’ve come to associate with last second March Madness endings.

Going to be an interesting matchup Sunday (5PM) with the powerful Utah offense against a defense oriented opponent.

3 Likes

Princeton has 7 players 6’2" and taller; 5 players 6’3" and taller. It’s the opposite of GW. JJ won’t be able to post up as easy, especially given her lack of vertical game. It should be an interesting challenge to Pili.

Wazzu, as a 5 seed, lost to FGCU. P12 now has 2 losses. Not good for the conference reputation.

If you look at the first round game, Princeton doesn’t play any of those tall players. The players who got all of the minutes (aka the starting lineup) are all 6’ 1" or shorter. Looks like the tall players are mostly a bunch of stiffs who rarely get off the bench.

1 Like

Southern Cal lost their game. That’s rough for the Big10.

4 Likes

Just looked at the box scores. You are right, Princeton’s bigs don’t play much. Hopeful they are not good. The way Princeton won was turnovers. Hopeful those bigs aren’t any good.

2 Likes