2023 WBB Discussion

Shrug. The match is billed as the annual Future Scholars Kid’s Game, so perhaps young students are being shipped in to watch during the school day?

1 Like

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 6.37.56 AM

1 Like

It’s a great move by the University. A matinee game for the kids to enjoy. Who knows? Maybe 8-10 years from now some of the girls watching this game might come play here.

1 Like

When my daughter was in middle school I would take her to Utah women’s games. It was a great outing for us to enjoy together.

3 Likes

Viewing the stream that armsaretired posted. Indeed, the camera spent most of the minutes before the team came out scanning the crowd, and there are a ton of kids there looking like they are having a great time.

2 Likes

Can confirm tons of pumped up kids and more arriving.

3 Likes

44-28 Utes up on the Lords University Homemakers

4 Likes

Kneepkens is a real bad@ss. Love the hustle there.

3 Likes

Gustin seems like the type of player that would throw a punch - I hope we keep attacking her in the second half

1 Like

Not let’s bury them by 30 to end this game.

1 Like

Well ■■■■, I hope kneepkens is OK

1 Like

No, that looks bad

Lynne Roberts said post game that she’ll get X-rays and that it looks like ankle or foot.

I guess it’s at least good to know it’s not ACL or something.

5 Likes

Or a torn Achilles

About 3 minutes before her injury, I said, why does Roberts have all the starters in with just a few minutes left and up by twenty?

Anyway, some other thoughts about the boat race against the Kitties.

Ines Vieira has really grown into a great point guard. Because of her size she will never play in front of Issy when healthy, but, last night she continually penetrated and dished to open 3 point shooters, so open that making the shots was like practice. Mrs. Casserole never once changed up her defense to not keep dropping defenders into the lane on those forays and hence all game long those shooters were open. Doesn’t hurt that McQueen and Kneepkens were on their game.

The Utes played great defense. Sure, Gustin got her double-double, but they were largely empty numbers.

Casserole Jr. had to work so hard on defense guarding Vieira her offensive game was non-existent.

I think Jenna played one of her better games. It seemed that Gustin got most of here points when Jenna was not on the floor. And she made some threes herself.

Nice win for the team, I hope that Kneepkens injury isn’t too bad. If so, Dasia and Lani will have to step up and fill those minutes.

2 Likes

Well unfortunately that’s actually one of the things it could be, let’s hope it isn’t that serious.

Here’s a little info on it.

Though Utah got the win, junior guard Gianna Kneepkens suffered a non-contact injury with just over two minutes left in the game. Kneepkens suddenly dropped to the ground in what Roberts called an “ankle-foot thing,” but needed help off the court without putting pressure on her right leg.

Roberts said Kneepkens will get an X-ray, but “hopefully it’s nothing.”

2 Likes

Any word on Kneepkens?

Gianna broke multiple bones in her foot, out for season. Terrible luck.

6 Likes

welp.

Watching it, I would have never guessed a broken foot

4 Likes