2023 WBB Discussion

Wow, just like football the 1st couple weeks. Why are we breaking up?! Stupid LA schools

5 Likes

Yep. This is on Southern Cal.

2 Likes

We all could see the writing on the wall. The Conference of Champions was struggling to get a TV rights contract. What did yā€™all think that meant?

That Fox and ESPN were manipulating everything

But back to WBB. #4! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Utah (Associated Press #4, ESPN projected 1-seed) travels to face Baylor (#21, 5-seed) TODAY at 5:30p MT.

Live Stats
Live Stream

Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 6.20.01 AM

2 Likes

Our first real test. Stanford, UCLA, CU, and SC passed theirs.

3 Likes

I am excited for this team this year. Watched a bit of Stanford vs. Indiana (also ranked) and Stanford won handily. Will be a real guantlet to win the league this year.

2 Likes

Pili out. Why?

Oops

Foul trouble

1 Like

I was under the impression that we had increased our positions with transfers, but it looked like the same team from last year - weak on the inside, poor rebounding, scrambling under pressureā€¦

Our meaningful transfers are at the backcourt positions. IMO, the front-court positions didnā€™t get meaningfully better in terms of depth and athleticism. The 6ā€™8" transfer, who sat last year, did not look good to me at all.

1 Like

Tough loss.

Baylor is a strong program who won a title just a few years ago. No shame in a competitive road loss to that squad.

Need to play these great opponents to become great.

2 Likes

When this team is not hitting their 3-balls, it makes it tough to win. Pili being out almost the entire first half of the game, meant they relied even more on outside shooting, and they were cold. Adding that it seemed everything Baylor threw up from 3 went in. Shooting 6 for 24 will not overcome the missing scoring from inside that Pili provided.

I thought in the first quarter, Baylor was really pressuring high, which left the middle more open. Eventually, the guards started to penetrate and Baylor shifted. But without Pili, Baylor didnā€™t worry about inside points as much, and stifled the outside shooting.

Edited to add that McQueen was a ghost. Until she made that three ball late, it was hard to know she was even in the game and yet she played the most minutes.

2 Likes

1st true test 1) being on road, 2) against quality ranked team. Never led, but still hung in there. Hopefully turns into a good learning opportunity. Next big test is SC on the road on Dec 10 (unless you count BYU at home on Dec 2). Then PAC play starts and it will be a gauntlet with CU, Stan, USC, UCLA, WSU even - most twice.

1 Like

Yeah those first four minutes was about as bad as it gets. Even though there were times we narrowed the gap, in my heart of hearts I never really felt like we were in this game after those first few minutes. Iā€™d like to see Baylor again in the tourney.

1 Like

The Great Alaska Shootout champions return home to host Northeast Conference competition TODAY.

Merrimack at #10 Utah 7:30p MT

Live Stats
Live Stream

1 Like

Utah (AP #12, projected 3-seed) hosts Carroll College (NAIA #5) TODAY 11a MT.

Live Stats
Live Stream

1 Like

11am is a funny start time. What gives?

1 Like