2023 WBB Discussion

Well, the 2023 basketball season is kicking off. Utah WBB, as expected, got a big win over MVSU, 104-45. Got challenged in Q1, but that was it.

P12 WBB is off to a sterling start.

• #21 USC just upset #7 OSU
  • #20 CU is about to beat #1 LSU

This mornings braketology update has UTA moving to being a #1 seed after the LSU loss. The WBB looked good in their “Sisters of the Poor” game, but it was just that - a “Sisters of the Poor” game. If ESPN is correct, they won’t see any real competition until they move to conference play.

I will say this, Colorado handed the Lady Tigers a wake-up call. My guess is they will right that ship quickly.

And it’s only one game. That said, why am I imagining LSUfan out burning their WBB gear this morning…damn you Dr. Pepper! :joy::joy::joy:

Are they talking about Utah? Because they play Baylor and South Carolina before conference play.

2 Likes

I assume that you are referring to Creme’s latest projection. Texas is actually a projected 4-seed.

The projected 1-seeds are Connecticut, Iowa, UCLA and Utah.

1 Like

I’m guessing he missed typing the H on UTAH

Utah basketball’s Alissa Pili taken to emergency room during season opener (msn.com)

South Carolina looks scary. That freshman guard…oh my.

Any updates on this concern?

I thought that, also, but why would all the letters be capitalized?

Scratched eye.

1 Like

I saw that Utah is picked to win the conference this year, but after seeing what Colorado did, that goal will be very tough.

I didn’t see the game, how did the new players fit in?

UCLA will also be a serious threat. And, let’s not leave out Stanford.

How long does that put Pili out?

Don’t know. It didn’t say in the report I saw. Kennedy McQueen and Jenna Johnson also got hurt. You’d think it was the football team.

1 Like

Maybe.

But LSU is not the same team they were last year.

They have a lot of talent, but most of it is green. And Reese no longer has protection in the paint as they start her with 4 guards.

LSU played one ranked team in their first 23 games last year. They had lots of time to “practice”. They had a much ruder awakening

1 Like

In some ways, LSU WBB reminds me of Kentucky MBB now - so many new players that it takes time to gel and figure out how to play together. They get there, but takes into half the conference season.

3 Likes

This conference is going to be a force in WBB for years to come!

1 Like

Our 5th ranked Utes host South Carolina State TODAY at 7p MT at the Jon M. Huntsman Center.

Live Stats
Live Stream

3 Likes

Utah WBB had a nice recruiting day. They signed a Top 100 recruit from Kansas, 4* product from California as well as a player from Australia.

6 Likes

Fwiw…P12 went 28-0 in its first week. 3 teams are in the top 5 and 5 teams in the top 10.

4 Likes