2022-2023 Utah Basketball Thread

Walton interviewed Brenchley a year or two ago, and the two of them had a great time. They really had fun. So Walton pimps Brenchley at every opportunity.

3 Likes

And now the Ducks are up 21 on Arizona with 40 seconds to go.

3 Likes

Josh Newman has tweeted that Branden Carlson is a go tonight. As the other night showed, we have little to no chance without him.

2 Likes

Branden with half our points at the break. What did I say?

2 Likes

USC seems to be making lots of difficult shots, hopefully they cool off in the 2nd

I havenā€™t been able to watch much of the game, but every time I looked in, we were turning the ball over - hopefully the actual game is not going the way my random observations have seemed.

Utes with only 4 TOs in the half. Weā€™re taking care of the ball, just went cold for a while. Gabe going 1 for 9 hasnā€™t helped. If he come alive in the second half and Branden stays solid we could be fine.

Iā€™m seeing improvement in Exacte, although I still cringe when he shoots a trey. Keita just doesnā€™t get it yet. He could be a beast but the lack of experience is showing, plus not having great hands.

1 Like

USCā€™s offensive rebounding is really telling the story at the end of this game. Very frustrating to watch. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a lot more frustrating for Craig Smith.

Yeah, thatā€™s hurt. Madsen being off is the killer, though. 2 of 9 from three right now? Ick.

1 Like

Sigh, we had a chance to get this one

3 Likes

Gabe seems to have been off for some time now.

Have no clue when our next conference win will be.

Stages of building a program:

1. Lose big.

2. Lose small.

3. Win small.

4. Win big.

We seem to be between #2 and #3. Thatā€™s still ahead of schedule.

2 Likes

Reality has come home with this group. They are a MUCH better team than last year, or the last three years for that matter, but there are still some holes. We face a huge loss in talent after this year without Branden, Marco, and Rollie. The thing that gives me hope is that it appears Smith can coach. That will be essential to get Kieta, Exacte, Stefanovic, and probably Tarlac to be at a level we need to compete.

1 Like

Heā€™s streaky. Right now heā€™s on a long cold streak.

Live by the trey, die by the trey.

Final score is twice what the difference in this game really was, but that doesnā€™t go down any easier.

1 Like

they have the Washington schools at home next week. They should get one or both of those Iā€™d expect

Not sure thatā€™d be the case, but hope so. WSU is tough and we barely got out of their place with a W. It also smoked UofPay.

After this year the only player whose eligibility is gone is Marco. Branden has another year, and Rollie has 2 remaining. I am sure they would be welcomed back, but given the portal one never knows.

1 Like

Just-Like-Foo

ā€¦oh. Nvm.

FTFO!

1 Like