2022-2023 Recruiting

At 6’4” he is not little. No big schools on the list (as TDS contacts everyone with a pulse that can fog a mirror). That said he is two years out. Let’s see what the upcoming season brings out in him.

1 Like

What does that mean? It’s hashtag is “not committed”.

I admit that I don’t follow recruiting as closely as I could, so maybe I missed something.

1 Like

Utes have been in contact with 2024 G Julian Bowie from Pocatello, ID.

1 Like

Utes recruiting 2023 5* Baye Fall, and 2023 4* Assane Diop. Both are centers from the Denver area.

Utes have offered 2023 C Okechukwu “Chris” Okeke. 6’9" 220lb. A JUCO kid from Tallahassee Community College.

I can’t believe we are leaving a Roster spot open again.

2 Likes

Utes have offered 2023 4* 7’ C Babacar Mbengue. 247 says he’s from SLC, but he is currently playing in New Jersey.

1 Like

Josh Furlong just did a piece on the Utes in which he said “Utah returns its core starters — Rollie Worster, Lazar Stefanovic, Gabe Madsen, Marco Anthony and Branden Carlson — and has welcomed in seven new additions to the team, with a potential eighth expected to be announced at a later time.” Is there really any reason to believe the Utes might use that final scholarship this year?

2 Likes

“Is there really any reason to believe the Utes might use that final scholarship this year?”

It’s not out of the question. The HS ranks are pretty picked over, although there are always a few late qualifiers and a few kids who reclassify from '23 to '22.

There are still a lot of solid JUCO platers unsigned. Some have to fix academic issues, and some are turds/knuckleheads, but many are decent kids who can play solid D1 ball.

There are also a lot of Intenational kids who want to come over and play, but their recruitment started late so they are waiting on NCAA clearance and/or immigration approval. Based on recent history, I’d guess (wildly) the Utes have an agreement with a European kid, but won’t announce it until all the approvals are in place. It could still fall through.

2 Likes

Utes have been talking to 2023 6’5" SG/SF Chudi Anosike from Murray.

https://twitter.com/AnosikeChudi

1 Like

Said utah is his dream school

1 Like

https://verbalcommits.com/players/keanu-dawes

1 Like

This is a post to get RunninUte past the 3 consecutive post limit. :wink:

2 Likes

Haha thank you so silly

Utes in contact with 2023 7’ C Braden Pierce.

2 Likes

Utes talking to 6’3" PG Jaqari Miles out of CA.