2022-2023 Recruiting

When we started the 2021-22 recruiting thread, the intent was to have a separate thread for each recruiting class. I suppose now is a good time to start a thread for the 2022-23 class, as more names are starting to pop up.

Here’s the list I have compiled from public sources. Most are not ranked yet, but I included the stars when available.

Of these Roberts, Bizjack and Crocker-Johnson seem to have generated the most interest from the Utah coaches. Roberts made an unofficial visit to the Utes back in June.

Jordan Ross a 6’1" PG from Pleasant Grove
Gus Yalden a 6’8" PF from FL (4*)
Nolan Winter a 6’8" SF from MN
Shey Eberwein a 6’5" CG from TX
Zayden High a 6’7" SF from TX
Kyan Evans a 6’1" PG from MO
Jaylen Crocker-Johnson a 6’7" PF from TX
Finley Bizjack a 6’3" CG from TX
Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn a 6’1" PG from Salt Lake Academy (4*)
Jack Janicki a 6’4" SG from MN
Braylen Blue a 6’3" PG from WI
JaQualon Roberts a 6’6" PF from IN
Jake Posey a 6’4" SG from TX
Baye Fall a 7’ C from CO (5*)
Joey Brown a 6’6" PG from IN

I’ve watched both the “local” kids a couple times. Ross transferred to an academy in Missouri (I think). Don’t want him at Utah! Watched him cuss out his own teammate in a game last summer. And I mean bad. Kid almost got a technical for the way he went at him. Straight up embarrassing. As a PG he does not make any of his teammates better. Completely a me first kid.
The Gibbs-Lawhorn kid is legit. Dropped a 40 piece a couple weeks ago. Plays great defense, active hands, moves without the ball. Scores at ALL 3 levels with ease. True baller and had great composure even in a losing effort. I’m super high on him and his potential.

3 Likes

Thanks PapaUte. Interesting info!

Meet Bron Roberts.

1 Like

Utes hosted 2024 Corner Canyon (Draper, UT) F Brody Kozlowski at the Sacramento State game. Unofficial visit.

1 Like

Gibbs-Lawhorn committed to Purdue.

He is a good one. Would’ve loved to have him in Crimson. Best of luck to him.

Twitter reports indicate the Utes have called 2023 prospect Kordelius Jefferson, a 6’4" CG from Arlington, TX. He holds several offers already, the best being TCU and Mississippi State.

1 Like

We are going to have to recruit shooters like crazy in the transfer portal for next year. Also, will need perimeter scoring.

You replied to me in another thread that PF was also a need. Considering our rebounding ability, that makes sense. Seems the team has a lot of needs.

1 Like

Seen on twitter: Utes have reached out to 2024 PF Jacob Cofie out of Washington.

BREAKING: Utah basketball picks up commitment from Wilguens Exacte Jr

1 Like
1 Like

Yes Please

1 Like

He plays for the Satans - sounds good to me.

6 Likes

Hail Satans

5 Likes

He would look good in Red. :wink:

1 Like

.@RunninHoops found this gem about Dawes…

4 Likes

Dawes is class of 2023.