2021-2022 Recruiting

Uzan will announce today (Sunday) at 3PM ET. All the wise guys are predicting Oklahoma.

1 Like

Yuuup! When nothing came down yesterday, I was hoping that maybe the winds were starting to blow a different direction, but that appears to not be the case.

Im glad RJ Godfrey was in town for that game last night!

We are running out of recruits. fingers crossed

3 Likes

There is a rumor on twitter that Uzanā€™s father has joined the staff at Oklahoma. I have no idea if that is true.

2 Likes

Per Newman, sounds like Collin Chandler is taking an official to BYU this weekend. We will get the final visit the next weekend.

1 Like

RJ Godfrey has two visits this week, one to Texas Tech and one to Clemson before he will decide, probably next week. On the surface, it seems odd to have Utah in it with a bunch of south/southeast schools, but the bond he has with Tim Morris is real and has been there for a long time. Time will tell what happens here.

2 Likes

All the eyeball emojisā€¦

2 Likes

Seen on Twitter:

Mason Falsev will go to USU when he returns from his mission. He signed with the Utes (a Larry recruit) before he went away.

1 Like

Collin Chandler makes his official visit to the Utes this weekend. In a public article Utezone says he will decide on Nov 1st, which is this coming Monday.

His other official visits have been Oregon, Stanford, TDS, and USU.

Heā€™s a mission kid, so he wonā€™t tie up a scholarship next year. At the moment, the Utes only have 1 scholarship available.

Just spitballing, but the lack of recruiting news, and the misses on Uzan and Keller, lead me to believe we have a euro or two in play. Those kids donā€™t post all their offers on twitter, so their recruiting activity can be very quiet.

Smith has had recruiting success in Europe (Quetta), while the Utes have had a solid recruiting presence in Europe for decades. Anyone heard anything?

The 247 crystal ball aggregate confidence meter on chandler to utah has gone up in the last 48 hours.

I think this is absolutely true. I know EP has talked on the radio/podcasts about his connections in Europe. He works that place hard. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see us land 1 or 2 from there.

This is what I have heard. A big and a guard are in consideration. The bummer about not locking in early recruits is you canā€™t switch your focus to next years guys. starts a loop of being behind. Definitely happens to new staffs but being middle of the pac puts us behind the 8 ball.

2 Likes
2 Likes

FWIW Williams is a 6ā€™ PG out of St Anthony HS in Long Beach. I donā€™t find him listed on the more popular recruiting sites.

1 Like

If you have utezone, there is a collin chandler update
If you donā€™t youll be able to notice that the 247 crystal ball predictions have gone from a confidence level of 6 to 8 over teh last week or so.

We also made the top 6 for RJ Godfrey which was announced yesterday. (I kind of assumed that since we got a visit we would be in there).

1 Like

Thatā€™s the rumor, but he hasnā€™t said that in public so no one is sure.

1 Like

Godfrey top 6: Utah, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Ole Miss, and Texas Tech.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t Chandler supposed to announce his decision yesterday?

So for Smith is 0-fer on all his high school targets. Not looking good for him.