2021-2022 Recruiting

Jack Payne commits to Colorado State. He had the Utes in his top 6, but I never saw evidence of a concrete offer from the Utes.

1 Like

Found an old list of Ute transfer targets from the spring. We know where many kids landed, but hereā€™s a final update on the rest. I say final because the list is going to the recycle bin in a few minutes.

An interesting list. Looks like some kids did the right thing for themselves, and others shot themselves in the foot.

Steffon Mitchell (Boston College)- he went pro. Last seen on the Nuggets summer league roster.

Collin Smith (UCF) - landed at North Carolina A&T

Tyler Stevenson (So. Miss) - I think he returned to So. Miss.

Bryan Penn-Johnson (LSU) - no news

Bryson Williams (UTEP) - went to Texas Tech

Jordan Shepherd (Charlotte) - went to Cal

Ty Flowers (LIU) - no news

Greg Lee (W Michigan) - went to Penn State

Meikkel Murray (Central Michigan) - got a lot of buzz, but I donā€™t see that he landed anywhere.

Chad Baker (Duquesne) - to San Diego State

Brandon Knapper (E Kentucky) - to San Jose State

7 Likes

Utes have checked in with 2022 post Kendrick De Luna from San Antonio.

2 Likes
1 Like

Per twitter, Keller is set to announce on Monday the 11th. The thinking is still that its a two horse race between Utah and Wake Forest.

The coaches and 8 players went to the Great Western Classic in SLC last night to watch Collin Chandler and Zach Keller play.

3 Likes

Maybe he brings his buddy

2 Likes
1 Like

Milos uzan also in that game!

2 Likes

Keller committed to Wake. It is going to be a long road back (if we get back)

Bummer. Big miss for us

Donā€™t get me wrong, I wouldā€™ve liked Keller to be a Ute. Heā€™ll be a decent forward at the D1 level. BUT, the main reason I wanted him was to ā€˜helpā€™ persuade Collin to commit to Utah!!! Collin is the focus. Period, End of conversation! I just feel bad that Kellerā€™s parents wonā€t get to watch him play very often. Hope it works out for them!

I think the odds of landing Chandler are Dumb and Dumber odds.

1 Like

Maybe so, but if we were not going to get him? Then NO ONE should care about losing Keller!!!

Utebuntu put up a thing on twitter today.

We are in the top 4 for Milos Uzan (I think we have a decent chance here)
Top 10 for Johan Traore (Lol, I wouldnā€™t waste your time following this one)
Top 6 for Collin Chandler (I wouldnt put in a crystal ball prediction of Chandler to Utah, but I think the chances here are significantly higher than others here do)

And dont forget RJ Godfrey, who will be in town for the ASU game.

Another interesting part of this year is, we donā€™t know the number of for-sure scholarships due to graduation. We have 1 open right now. We could see 0 or 4-5 guys graduate and move on. I am sure the staff has a better idea than I do (duh) but thats something interesting.

4 Likes

From what Iā€™m hearing Iā€™d be surprised if any of the ā€œSeniorsā€ come back.
If that is the case we are REAL thin on the front line. Keller probably wouldnā€™t have been an all Pac 12 type of player but a solid get for the staff. His ability to get his buddy here would have helped too. Iā€™m still really hoping for Milos.

1 Like

Pretty sure this was a coach K recruit but none the less

Uzan picked up 3 CB predictions to Oklahoma yesterday, so I am crossing him off the list.

Godfrey and Chandler both still very much in play and that would still make for quite a class.

So your saying there is a chance! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes