Your utah centric transfer portal mega thread

Or he stays and we lose Johnson.

Iā€™m quite curious about Mack Howard.

1 Like

NIL is not a bad thing. Itā€™s keeping kids in college longer.

Partly becasue of substantial NIL moeny causing qbā€™s to stay another year (see, e.g., Pennix) a lot of draft gurus say this is a weak draft for qbā€™.s So it might be an opportune time for Rising to declare.

I hope he sticks around but when he signed he knew Rising had two years of eligibility left.

1 Like

I love Cam. That said, I think one more year can move him being a third or fourth rounder up into the top 2 rounds.

1 Like

I think third or fourth rounder is being pretty optimistic. Read two articles yesterday that said heā€™s likely a 6th, 7th, or UDFA prospect.

Yikes. Some of the stretches Iā€™ve seen in recent drafts Cam wouldnā€™t be one in 3rd or 4th.

Truth is Cam has intangibles you canā€™t teach. Though a lot bigger, he reminds me of Doug Flutie. All the pundits want to pick at him and discount his value, but the kid has done one thing with a lot of consistencyā€¦

Win.

6 Likes

Sometimes he tries to HOPE AND PRAY some passes into spots he shouldnā€™t throw but those are just some things he can learn from and get better.

1 Like

Tuttle to Michigan for his final season of eligibility. The kid is an accomplished student, so Iā€™m sure that has more to do with it than the possibility of displacing McCarthy.

Former Utah Utes QB Jack Tuttle is transferring to a College Football Playoff team (msn.com)

This has to be regulated somehow.

2 Likes

Yup. Ridiculous. Worse than pro sports.

Related. Ran across this article today.

Mack Brown Accuses Promiment Colleges Of Tampering With Drake Maye (msn.com)

Easy. Have the P5 break off. They have their own collective bargaining agreement. Let the players unionize. Set a salary cap. A minimum salary.

You knowā€¦stuff pro sports do.

1 Like

Except the cap will only apply to what the schools can pay playersā€”harder to restrict what a donor can pay for NIL.

Similar to what pro players can make through endorsements. Salary cap does not apply to that $$$.

1 Like

Former 4-star Ole Miss cornerback Miles Battle transfers to Utah | KSL.com
This is pretty good news

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/claytonisbell10/status/1636013613159784448?s=20

Darn! I gave his dad a few beers at the rose bowl. He came up to our tailgate and tried to buy them from us :joy:

Just saw this. 6ā€™4", 205 pounds is a pretty big quarterback. Could be a pretty good weapon.

3 Likes