YIKES.. Cougs havinga rough day at home

WOW, I hadnt realized that not olyl isnt BYU ranked any more, it’s not even receiving votes. SO much for al that idiotic hype for them a month ago

2 Likes

I had almost forgotten they were ranked the first few weeks of the season… seems like a lifetime ago. They do have a handful of homers in the AP who often rank them ridiculously high and skew their placement (or inclusion for that matter).

3 Likes

(cough cough) Wrubell or his ilk (cough cough)

3 Likes

They will be back to crowing after eating a few more :cupcake::cupcake::cupcake:.

They play pretty much nobody until ‘Furd at the end of their season.

2 Likes

I still can’t say I miss the Zoobs. I feel for you all who have to live with the BS that they spew. Too bad that can’t be used a fertilizer for something productive.

2 Likes

Yes. I have a close relative who proclaimed, after they beat us last year, “BYU is back!” :roll_eyes: My reaction was, “I’m glad to see that you now measure your program’s success by how well it does against Utah.”

9 Likes

They are going to get steamrolled in the BIG 12 next season. As they refuse to understand there is a learning and development curve to this transition, many of the “True Believers” will be calling for a coaching change by this time next season.

6 Likes

Some of their fans understand it’s going to be a leap up in talent… week after week after week. But it seems like a high percentage tend toward delusion, when it comes to BYU FB.

Meanwhile, a major external pressure point - how the Utes are doing - is ratcheting up the pressure on Kalani, in a way I personally dislike, because Kalani’s a decent guy, who dropped a bunch of weight and needs to drop more.

BYU football: Will Kalani Sitake take over defensive play-calling duties? - Deseret News

I wouldn’t blame KS if he took the ASU or CU jobs. Better than the irrational pressure cooker that might explode. He has to be having some intrusive thoughts about bailing out of Provo.

7 Likes

So many of us feel this way.

3 Likes

I remember a time (don’t remember when, but quite some time ago) I was really starting to love the Utes. Anyway, one of our guys gave a late hit to a player and it didn’t get called, but it was an obvious unnecessary dick move. Next thing we see is the camera panning on Kyle who called the player in to sit and he went over and gave a few choice words too. That’s when I really started to respect the coaching and discipline at Utah.
Be a warrior, not a dick.

8 Likes

There’s a bumper sticker in that sentence. Maybe a sign to hold up in the MUSS after an opposing player plays that role.

4 Likes

More trouble in paradise.

1 Like

The Desperate News had an article quoting a bunch of Arkansas fans saying how well byu fans treated them. All the while the same fans went after the coaches.
Classic byu.

3 Likes

They really like to use the word Classy. The lack of self awareness is unintended comedy.

4 Likes

I really think they’re trying to turn over a new leaf and try to cultivate “decent” relations with opposing fan bases as they get ready to enter the B12. They’re working on their game and want to start off on the right foot.

Not a bad idea, and considering how things went with the WAC, then the Mountain West, then destroying the WAC in exiting the Mountain West (one of the most bizarre episodes in any school’s interactions with a league) and the impressive decline in collegialities between them and the various religious schools in the WCC… I think the effort is both admirable, and probably futile.

4 Likes

Yep. True behavior will emerge.

6 Likes

OK Pollyanna

3 Likes

They’re having an unpleasant time at Liberty today too. I have no idea how good Liberty is, or how good BYU is, but this can’t be anything but an embarrassing loss.

5 Likes

This is baaaaaad…. But predictable.

They have serious issues on D, but playing in the ETZ definitely doesn’t help. Jaren Hall just threw a pick, so it ain’t just the D.

I predict not just the seismic gnashing of teeth, but calls on Harlan and Randall from the Legislature for Utah to join the B-12 to help bail out their sorry arses in this Big-12 fiasco-to-be, as the single school 1000 miles from the closest conference competitor.

(Then again, it may take them a decade to figure out what the NFL figured out long ago.)

6 Likes

Man, EVERY SINGLE COACH/WRITER who voted them high enough to reach the top 10 look like complete f***ing idiots at this point. I think we should go back, research that info, and make a BIIIGG public deal out of ti, to force these jackasses to put a little more thought into what they are doing.

4 Likes