YIKES.. Cougs havinga rough day at home

Major national audience, but getting embarrassed on home field. Even if they somehow pulled off a win, giving up 52 points before 4th quarter really gets going, cannot look good to ANYONE.

That leprechaun guy has a lasting effect.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame.

8 Likes

Must not be living right on and off the field down there. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

The altitude really affected the Razorbacks /s

4 Likes

The rainbow must be going the other wayā€¦

4 Likes

Not going to pile on. Utes could lose big tonight if those first two possessions are any indication.

2 Likes

OK, we all knew all along how this would eventually end, right :wink: :wink:, so, I propose we all get busy piling on now, ok?

1 Like

Or just be indifferent to BYU. Donā€™t we have bigger and better things to celebrate?

2 Likes

Letā€™s talk about them when we play them again. If ever.
I guess thatā€™s inevitable.
So be it.
Whatever.

2 Likes

Yeah probably, and personally I never do anything to BYU fans but smile (perhaps a little condescendingly) however, I watched way TOO many losses to ā€œthe Cougsā€ in the 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s, to not be tempted to pour a little on after an interesting weekend like this one.

Edit to say: Iā€™m in counseling to get over itšŸ˜€

6 Likes

I understand. I remember those days, especially the '80s. Ignoring them now is the best reproach IMO.

5 Likes

We dont need to pile on.
We need to be the best we can be.
This was a magical night. Because of the men on the field (and the women and men and community who believe in them) support them and also work and support the community we share.
Thats well enough.

2 Likes

Yes of course. And frankly, it was an after thought that I commented on the BYU thing, from the age-old perspective that I mentioned.

The reality is that my whole extended family household has nothing in mind tonight but the HUGE last minute win.

Go UTES!

2 Likes

I love the fact that we play like sportsmen.
It was a very, very close game.
The boys came back from remarkable odds, questionable reffing, self doubt and zero support from the announcersā€¦
But they won.
On a very special night indeed.
May they win again, and again.
But if they donā€™t; may they be warriors, gentlemen and scholars.
Thatā€™s all we can hope for.

7 Likes

Football is a crazy sport.

The sheer magnitude of the emotional intensity last night. 53,000 present, who-knows-how-many pulling for Utah on TV.

The broadcast crew was beyond impressed with the energy & the Moment of Loudness.

40 miles south, Sitake has a very serious problem, the same one that drove Bronco out of town.

10 Likes

Iā€™m on the same page as you but also gotta understand you live in Carolina. How often do you have to hear about BYU? I couldnā€™t imagine hearing their delusions 365.

5 Likes

Not much anymore. Every now and then some BYU fan sees our Utah gear or stickers and tries to say something. I just smile and tell them Iā€™d rather lose as a Utah fan than live in the past like they do. If theyā€™re friendly theyā€™ll laugh and we change subjects. If theyā€™re not, they grump off. I donā€™t see much BYU gear around here. Maybe if we lived in Raleigh or another bigger city weā€™d see more, but really only a bumper sticker once in awhile.

Distance does have a nice way of making being, more or less indifferent to BYU easier.

4 Likes

Yup. I donā€™t run into Auburn fans here but a ton of Tennessee and Ohio State. Thus my ire more for them. Geography matters.

5 Likes

I live in LA, and I couldnā€™t care less what BYU does. However, I admit to looking up their scores and laughing.

4 Likes