Who "won" the debate? NO commentary/No politics

Biden.

3 Likes

Humans (Homo sapiens) evolved in Africa about 300,000 years ago. Every single human on the planet came out of Africa during a couple of large migrations. Human ā€œracesā€ do not exist biologically, so racism is just not even biological ā€“ itā€™s just pure hate, full stop.

9 Likes

Biden

1 Like

There you go. Thank you for the clarification on race. My biological comment was more for other maligned groups.

1 Like

I tend to put ā€œhumanā€ when race comes up on forms. I thoroughly dislike that question about race. I use something similar to your statement if people ask why I put human.

1 Like

Tie.

I donā€™t think many hearts were won or minds were changed.

Iā€™d rather see extended individual interviews of an hour each for each candidate instead of two more debates. I think the interviewer can ask each candidate the same questions but follow up differently depending on the the initial answers.

3 Likes

No one.

(As I said elsewhere, I was embarrassed for every participant, and for the country as a whole.)

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™d want that. I like the debatesā€¦just not last night. They were fine before Trump and will be fine after. They need to have a mute button and after each candidate talks, they need to have a fact check. To allow one candidate to blatantly lie up there and no one call him on it. THAT needs to change. It was like looking at facebook. We are better than that.

We can do better.

One candidate talks. The other is muted and can take notes. After two minutes, the other candidate gets two minutes. Then #1 gets one minute. Then #2 gets one minute. Then a fact checker can correct the mistakes.

Then on to the next topic.

The back and forth is a good thing. It makes the candidates think, and explain better their position. But there has to be more respect and because that doesnā€™t look like itā€™s possible after all these years, a mute button is needed.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think theyā€™ve ever been good or useful. Iā€™m not sure they reveal any qualities or characteristics that we need in a president. Public speaking is important, but by the time we have debates, we already know about a candidateā€™s speaking skills.

Itā€™s like giving someone a calculus test to see if you want to hire them for your law firm.

1 Like

I disagree. Just how much they sway public opinion shows their value. Now, we can talk about how sad it is that we are so uninformed that a 90 min debate decides who we vote forā€¦buuuuutā€¦life is hard, Iā€™m not gonna bag on people for trying and the debates help. We need decorum and one party to give us a candidate who isnā€™t so totally vapid.

I think having a link provided by the candidate on the screen while they are on a topic would help. Biden talks about his economic policy. Have a link that people can scan to go straight to his economic plan.

1 Like

Remember when everyone was all heated over the 2012 election?? Good times.

1 Like

No one won that debate, but Trump lost more.

1 Like

I thought they had famously little impact on public opinion. Is that not the case? Even if they do have a large impact, it is for all the wrong reasons. I think the system could be slightly improved by their removal.

Hereā€™s what I want to see from the moderator next debate (if they even do it again):

ā€œGentlemen, we are here to allow you to communicate your ideas and vision to the American people.
I will ask a question, and Candidate A will have 2 minutes to answer it. Candidate Bā€™s mic will be off during this response. At 2 minutes, Candidate Aā€™s mic will shut off, even if he is mid-sentence.

Candidate B will then have 2 minutes to respond, with the same rules.

After both answers are given, each candidate will then have 30 seconds for their rebuttal, with one mic open at a time. Once your 30 seconds is up, your mic will be turned off.

We will switch who goes first and second for each question. Please confirm that you can both clearly see the giant timer behind me.

Letā€™s begin with question 1 for Candidate Aā€¦ā€

Umā€¦have you met ā€œusā€?

2 Likes

They should put a ball gag in his mouth when itā€™s not his time to speak, like they did the gimp in Pulp Fiction. Iā€™m sure heā€™d agree to that.

Channeling my inner Rocket Racoon:

Is it weird I want to see it even more now?

1 Like

Biden? Not even close

1 Like

What if we had trapdoors so every time they interrupted that got plunged into an alligator-infested pool.

4 Likes

^THIS^

2 Likes

I thought he said ā€œstand back and stand byā€ which is far worse as it suggest an indiscriminate strike is coming against a crowd that he thinks are the enemy. Stand back and wait for orders is the message as I understood it.

7 Likes