When Whit retires, do you prefer . .

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere, but Kyle Whittingham is close to overtaking Ike Armstrong for most wins for a Utah Head Football Coach. Whit needs 3 wins to tie and 4 wins to overtake Armstrong. There is a very good chance that Whit becomes Utah’s all-time wins leader before the end of the season and no one is really talking about it.

11 Likes

Sadly, it appears to be getting worse. Shah’s wife is evidently hosting an event at Larry Flint’s Hustler Club in NYC on Friday and is receiving a large sum of money for her appearance. I have typed up a half dozen things to say about this and deleted them all. All I can say is that if this were my wife, there were be issues.

2 Likes

I’ve met Shah on several occasions. He strikes me as a thoughtful and conscientious person. I’m having trouble imagining how he and his wife are at all compatible. He is a deeply religious person.

1 Like

His son plays football at East. At the homecoming game a couple of weeks ago, she paraded in with an entourage and all sorts of bling. He wasnt there. Seem totally incompatible to me.

1 Like

Am I the only one that doesn’t keep up-to-date on the sordid gossip about the of coaches’ wives?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s just gossip. It was in the papers. She’s facing the possibility of serious jail time.

2 Likes

Man, that right there gives away my age…

1 Like

You old.

And yes this is a bug time fraud deal.

2 Likes

@Buhbye nailed it. My son, 27, (living in Portland, who has a girlfriend from Michigan, who watches “Real Housewives of Salt Lake”, for entertainment, knowing it is an inaccurate representation of Utah, and Salt Lake City), has mentioned to me that he simply does not understand how the two of them (Shaw and his wife) are even together.

I don’t watch, so I have no comment.

I want Jay Hill proven HC and his team now does really well.

They fired McBride why not Whit or ask him to step down.

I’d hire Jonathan Smith. If Brady Hoke were 10 years younger, I’d hire him.

Because McBride did anything even roughly equivalent to what Whitt’s done.

Have to disagree with you. Do you remember the 70s and 80s? McBride had nothing and built Utah from the ashes. He is the one who started looking for donors to invest in the program. He is the one who got the funding for the full allotment of scholarships when Utah never had it before. He got the money for the indoor practice bubble. Later it became the indoor practice facility. But as Meyer stated McBride laid the foundation. He built it up and Whit continued the route. Now someone may need to take over to get the 1st football championship in the Pac12.

2 Likes

I agree with Wild_Ute that Mac resurrected a dead Utah program and built it into a respectable program. However, the fans gave up on Mac and it showed in his last year. One of the final home games against UNLV could not have had more than 20,000 fans in the seats and I think that figure is generous. I am not comparing Mac to LK, but when butts are no longer in the seats, a change has to be made.

I agree but to say Mac did nothing like Whit people will say he actually did more with nothing. Meyer expanded on what Mac did for Utah. Talking to Meyer he will confirm he had the pieces in place thanks to Mac and why he took the Utah job. Whit coasted with what Mac and Urban built. But Whit has become to complacent like Mac did.