What time period has been the most divisive on UF.N?

I miss Goatnapper.

1 Like

I remember when Commie Crim (Mr. Crimson) had everyone convinced that we were hiring Tom Amstutz as our next football coach, (although I can’t remember if it was after Mac was fired or after Urban left). He had completely stirred the pot on that one and turned the board upside down.

I would say the most divisive time on Utefans was during the spring and summer of the 2000’s when there wasn’t any football or basketball to talk about and it was all politics all the time. Like mentioned before the board leaned left and anyone who leaned right got crucified for their conservative takes. I could read the board in 2 minutes because there were very few non politics topics.

The new format of this board is great because most political topics are in one thread and I can scroll on by if I want instead of trying to find the sports topics in a sea of political posts.

2 Likes

Can I say that I came to UF.N as a Hannity/Limbaugh loving conservative. When I said what I said, there were some posters that called me out, showed me where I was wrong and completely opened my eyes up. So…good job?

3 Likes

5 Likes

I was literally just talking about Janine. A coworker and myself were talking about this scene:

sorry about the bug eyes comment Janine

2 Likes

You probably should have.

Trounce the Cougs?

1 Like

mp was a pretty solid Ute fan. Hung out with him at the Pie and some others in the '04-'05 era.

1 Like

Mpfunk said Ty Detmer was a better QB than Alex Smith. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Who was the guy that bragged about taking Morgan Scalley’s helmet? Asian Wisdom or something like that?

3 Likes

I believe that was Jim Fass…err…Moose.

6 Likes

I used to really look forward to The Baron skewering people alive for unsupported claims. I imaged him/ger to be an academic or attorney.
Deliciously droll, incisive and sardonic.
I miss him/her…

2 Likes

Funniest poster in the board’s history, however, had to be Senioritis.

5 Likes

Bill Marcroft dropping his pants all the way down at the urinal is legendary. That’s how I do it now too.

2 Likes