What time period has been the most divisive on UF.N?

You are correct. There were really uncalled for personal attacks on players relatively often. There was the one guy who posted, “F&$# you, Travis,” after Wilson had thrown an interception, then spent a lot of time trying to defend why that was OK.

I think moving game chatter to a live discussion rather than actual threads is good for this kind of thing.

2 Likes

The old, “I did something awful and instead of just apologizing and moving on, I will stain my rep forever trying to defend the ridiculously wrong thing I did” tactic. Nice.

2 Likes

Utehub has turned into the old Utefans

More like bizarro old Ute fans because there it’s super right wing.

1 Like

OnlyU is the only reason that site is still alive and kicking. Just about the only useful activity on that board comes from his/her posts. The only other posts that get any kind of attention are BYU hate, religious bigotry, or political stuff.

Also, it’s virtually non-functional any time there is even a remotely important thing happening in the Ute sports world.

I remember making a bad taste attempt at a joke that included Dave Rose’s cancer in it. The joke was dumb, poorly thought out, and inappropriate. I got jumped by many board members, and rightly so. I gave my mea culpa, as much for me as for anyone else, and we all moved on. Of course, I never had much of a rep to worry about staining in the first place.

1 Like

Your last sentence expelled some Coke Zero from my mouth. Dammit. Good job.

1 Like

I’m mostly just glad this place is a Moose-free zone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol… I mostly just meant that it is mostly political/religious stuff that gets posted there… by one poster, and everyone else is inactive 95% of the time unless OnlyU shows up.

Lots of good times at the old UF.N. Remember when the Jet Blue CEO’s brother (Neeleman) used to go on tirades about how crappy America is and how Brazil was so much better? I forgot what his username was

1 Like

That’s kind of hard to imagine. LOL. Bizarro Ute Fans. I’d like to have a nice mix. Which is one reason why it’s my patriotic and moral duty to fly the conservative flag here. It’s an awful job but someone has to do it. :wink:

It’s on the tip of my tongue but I can’t quite recall. He was pretty young then, I’ll bet he’s mellowed out.

Speaking of young guys, who else remembers Y’zGuy? He was (unintentionally) hilarious, but not a bad guy at all.

Full stop. No.

I did not read the rest of your post.

Uteaholicslc. He’s funny. He’s absolutely right, Brazil is an awesome country for airline owners, even better than the United States.

He was upset at Kyle W for not offering Zach Wilson a scholarship, I have not heard from him since. Would be great to get an update on Brazil’s progressive COVID response.

The OnlyU love is…interesting. Nothing they have done wrong, they have some great info. But you will go on Utehub and someone will post something, and there will be like 5 upvotes and 3 or 4 downvotes and then a couple hours later OnlyU will post almost the exact same thing and there will be 15+ upvotes. They are a god there.

And again, it’s not the poster. OnlyU has GREAT information and I’m glad they post there…but the love? worship? of them is interesting.

I think the golden age of Utefans was when we had a significant number of BYU fans posting. That was prior to having so many outlets for social interaction. Goatnapper and Palo Alto were the level headed reasonable ones. And Y’z Guy and Coug provided unintentional comic relief and routinely got skewered by Ute Fans. There are probably a dozen or so other characters that made that board incredible. Some are here now, others have migrated to twitter and elsewhere.

good times

4 Likes

Don’t forget coug fan greats MesaCougar, KC Coug and mpfunk.

1 Like

I haven’t been around that long, but my experience is that byu fans do not enhance a message board experience in any way. A message board should be a safe space in which to be a complete and total team homer.

He was always good to me. I have a signed photo of Rick Majerus that he sold me for a pittance, because he happened to have two. Good kid. Although he’s no longer a kid.