What is the least intimidating mascot in college sports?

I’m talking about the name, not necessarily what the guy in the costume looks like, even though some of them are hilarious.
I’ll start.

Ducks
Beavers
Cornhuskers
Sooners

UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs.

1 Like

I submit they are more intimidating than Cornhuskers

1 Like

Boilermakers

2 Likes

:joy: you best me to it

I think the right cornhusker could actually hurt me. Banana slug, not so much.

Then there are the UC Irvine Anteaters.

I dunno, them cornhuskers have some pretty burly hands and forearms.

Dartmouth College Keggy the Keg

Flip side, I would always invite Dartmouth to the party.

2 Likes

Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens.

1 Like

Right up there with Gamecocks

Y’all obviously have never been to a cock fight.

2 Likes

You have???

3 Likes

Respect my culture, sir.

I moved from California in High School down the street from an active ring in Eastern Kentucky. Never attended though but I saw those lil fighters and they are aggressive even when not fighting. Also ran into some at the airport in Puerto Rico.

Nope. Respect the chicken.

2 Likes

Hawks, especially those which are completely irrelevant to the school or it’s history and tradition.

Let’s face it, if we’re ever forced to change it should be to a Raptor, an ancient raptor (smart ass), such as the Utah Raptor.

If we ever have to change, it will almost surely be hawks, but Red Rocks, Moose, and Utah Football Team are all much better.

Raptors is the worst NBA mascot (or maybe 2nd worst after Wizards). I like Jurassic Park as much as the next guy, but I’m not interested in naming my team after a movie franchise.

Moose? That would be the greatest of mascots knocking off the University of Alaska Fairbanks mascot for #1

Least intimidating might be the Whittier Poets (conference rivals of the UCSC Banana Slugs). What does a Poet do… prose its opponent to death?

poets

6 Likes

The pen is not mightier than the sword on the gridiron.

2 Likes