What I’m watching

Mrs CCU and I enjoyed it for both reasons. We opted for the theater because movies are just more fun in the theater.

1 Like

watched ‘the Courier’ with Benedict Cumberbatch. It’s based on true events, great spy movie with a great acting performances

2 Likes

I liked it a lot. Comparable to Bridge of Spies, and more clear story and character definition that some of the le Carre movies.

Watched the rebooted Masters of the Universe with the kids on Netflix this afternoon. He-Man was second only to Star Wars in my toybox growing up, so I was really excited to see this.

It was fantastic, and not at all what I expected. Big props to Kevin Smith, who absolutely just knocked this story out of the park.

1 Like

So I’m watching “Frequency”. I really like the idea of the script. Pretty clever. Plenty of cheese in it too, of course. But if you ever watched Reno 911 there was an episode where this firefighter gets into a debate with a screenwriter whose house is on fire and he makes the writer explain why he should save his script. I think he talks to a few firefighters and they all say it’s too similar to “Frequency”. So not worth saving. Lol. I really felt like that show was underrated.

“How to Become a Tyrant”

Peter Dinklage as the narrator is the bomb.

Billy Corben makes the best Miami Documentaries. He did the “U” if you caught that one. I just watched his latest on Netflix called “Cocaine Cowboys.” Good stuff on a topic some of you may be familiar with (because of the news, not because I think you do blow)

This was fantastic and proves The Pacers, Artest, Jackson and O’Neil got screwed over.

Didn’t mean to steal this thread

Yacht Rock 10 HD

I maybe posted this already, but it brings me joy: because I’m old enough to wait with baited-breath for album releases from both bands.
The whole series is worth a watch for Yacht Rock cognocenti

Shang Chi Time!

1 Like

Saw this last night while making dinner. As an old hockey player from the east coast, I remember our local club the Cape Cod Cubs were part of Vince McMahon’s money stream. Nefarious sub culture of otherwise tony bedroom communities. Personally, I love the game of hockey, not the brawls. Excellent expose and query of sportsmanship and life.

Untold: Crime and Penalties Shows the Crazy Side of the Danbury Trashers | The Hockey News on Sports Illustrated
https://www.si.com/hockey/news/untold-crime-and-penalties-shows-the-crazy-side-of-the-danbury-trashers

1 Like

Just saw it too. It was fun. Not giving anything away, it was a fun show.

2 Likes

And stay for both post credit scenes!

We missed the 2nd one, damn. Guess we’ll have to see it again, or wait for it to get to Disney+.

1 Like

Oh no! It was brilliant.

1 Like

Thoughtful, generous and compelling. For those that love drums and dance this is a cool retrospective homage.

‘Count Me In’ On Netflix Review

1 Like

Ugh. Michael K Williams died. May rewatch The Wire and Boardwalk Empire to honor his legacy.

Came to post this. What a huge loss, he was a massive talent. Absolutely captivating every single time he was on screen.

Omar Little is one of the greatest characters in TV history.

What a loss. :frowning:

1 Like

Just excellent musicianship; mutual love and affection.

They’re spirit witches!

Since it’s been 20 years I rewatched Band of Brothers this week. Always worth a rewatch. Top notch acting.

3 Likes