What I’m watching

I am going to respond when I finish all the movies but so far “Sound of Metal” was better than Chicago 7 and Judas. Also, Collective is up for best Documentary and Foreign I believe. It may be my favorite movie of the year. The Mauritian was hosed. Such a great film.

I finally got around to watching “Sound of Metal” tonight. Brilliant film with an amazing performance by Riz Ahmed and stunning sound design.

1 Like

the Serpent on Netflix is based on a true story. It’s pretty well done

This was great. Not just because I was born in the Inland Empire and love Redlands. Or that I really enjoy Sioux Falls, SD but that it really speaks to how many of us are trying to make where we live better:

2 Likes

The Kings on Showtime. Four episodes in total. Two episodes in and so far it’s been great. Growing up I loved to watch boxing.

I just finished all 8 seasons of Scrubs (no, season 9 isn’t really Scrubs). That’s easily my favorite sitcom of all time.

I also think it has the best series finale ever. That ending scene with Peter Gabriel’s “Book of Love” is just absolutely perfect.

2 Likes

Scrubs was fantastic.

what I won’t be watching

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I lived in Redlands for four years, 2008-12. It is the jewel of the Inland Empire.

1 Like

I am thinking of moving back to California and it’s on a list of places I am looking at. I may end up in Pasadena but part of me would love to be back in the IE.

1 Like

We’re watching “Atlantic Crossing,” a PBS series. It’s about the flight of the Norwegian royal family from the Nazis in WWII. I’ve enjoyed seeing the war from the perspective of an occupied nation. (There are many other offerings like this one. “The Zookeeper’s Wife,” for example.)

The Norwegian royal family are now only figureheads, but during WWII what they did to avoid capture really mattered to the Allied side and to their people. This is worth watching. 6 1-hour episodes.

One of the best (IMHO) WWII movies is “Enemy at the Gates.” I dig any movie from a non-American POV.

3 Likes

Anyone see this youtube channel SEC Shorts? They are always really funny. It would be great if a PAC fan did something similar.

4 Likes

Same group does It’s a Southern Thing. They are pretty good:

1 Like

I go and binge watch both every once in awhile. They’re both extremely fun to watch.

3 Likes

I just moved back, to N. San Diego County in Oceanside. A lot of great options, but I just don’t want any part of L.A. traffic.

1 Like

My Aunt and Uncle have a 2,500 square foot home in Oceanside they bought for $185,000 in 1991. Think I can find something like that for that price now?

2 Likes

Mine has gone up $95k on Homebot since I bought it in December. Everyone was teasing me that I was going in the wrong direction by moving there but it’s not reflected in the real estate market. I had a small 1100 sq. ft. rental property in Oceanside that I sold in one day without even having to list it. Just crazy.

1 Like

I thought it was excellent. It certainly didn’t paint the Swedes (at least the royal family) in a positive light. I wonder how accurate that part was.

People are freaking about the net loss in population in California. It’s not like it didn’t grow 10 Million people since 1990. Big deal they lost 182,083 in one year.

2 Likes