What I’m watching

Saw The Holdovers last night. Incredible. It is a must see.

3 Likes

It is a great movie. The tension between the two protagonists of the film made me anxious, which one was going to lose it first or screw over the other person because of their situation and unhappiness.

2 Likes

Rewatched again. Still fantastic.

3 Likes

So many musicians, fans of musicians and people with “big ears” on Utefans.net.
Ya’ll might appreciate this just released video as much as I did. I watched it through tears of joy and watched it again.

1 Like

Brutal movie, but beautifully done.

1 Like

If you like British humor, “Wild Target” on Amazon Prime

1 Like

Downloaded this film for my flight today. I love stuff like this.

2 Likes

I Think the coolest part is knowing that some of the 45 or so talent in the room are all eyes on each other. Some have major talent but not nearly as famous as Dylan, but he looks the most uncomfortable throughout. Yet there is a real comraderary and collaboration. A real tenderness pervades the occasion. I was going to post this on the musican thread first cuz it feels more like hight school kids in a garage working through their first song. Except Quincy Jones is in charge and Lionel Ritchie has the soft touch to bring out the best in each performance.

2 Likes

Binging “Leverage.” One thing - As Amazon Prime has added ads, the new “no ads” upgrade does just that. No ads at all (including the ads they were doing before an episode for their own shows).

In tribute to the sprit of the show, let’s go steal a National Championship this season. :wink:

1 Like

Masters of the Air on Apple+. Liking it so far.

Watched this for the first time tonight. It was pretty good, but I’m usually not too keen on romance movies. Love Ralph Fiennes.

2 Likes

I recall really liking this film many years ago - thanks for the reminder, I’ll watch it again.

1 Like

Elaine hated it. This episode of Seinfeld really captures the zeitgeist of the era when the movie was released.

3 Likes

Watched this this evening. Rush and Firth were fantastic.

2 Likes

Just watched the ESPN documentary on Ric Flair. Talk about a blast from the past! I remember watching him on the AWA broadcasts form SLC. He didn’t get here a lot, though.

It was worth the time.

4 Likes

I’ve had some recent travel and have been able to watch way more shows and movies than usual lately.

Finished Ashoka on Disney+. I understand this is basically a live action version of the Clone Wars cartoon, which I’ve never watched. Really enjoyed this show though, and am considering starting the cartoon now as well.

Blue Eyed Samurai on Netflix. An absolutely incredible anime-ish story about a samurai out for revenge in feudal Japan. Stunning animation, a fantastic story, amazing voice work, and sublime music make for a complete package. If you enjoy animation at all, this is a must-see (with the caveat that it’s not at all for kids. It’s very gory and has lots of, er, spicy scenes as well.

Watched The Batman on Max. I’m not much of a Batman fan to begin with (I’ve always thought he’s kind of a silly character) but thought this was a pretty good take…right up until the incredibly stupid ending that drove the entire thing off a cliff. I was honestly laughing out loud at how truly awful that ending was. Just laughably bad.

After hearing years of hype, I finally got around to starting Rick and Morty and am halfway through Season 3. It’s highly amusing in a very “WTF?” way.

And, of course, I watched Blazing Saddles for it’s 50th anniversary. Still the funniest movie ever put to film.

5 Likes

The most current season of Rick and Morty is so damn cringe but I love it … I have a really twisted dark sense of humor.

1 Like

I have been on an Apple TV+ kick.

I loved Monarch, but I love all things Godzilla.

Invasion was a cool take on Alien Invasion … can’t wait for season 3.

Foundation is great, lots of liberty taken away from the books but I’m really enjoying that one.

Finally started For All Mankind, I’m through season 1 and 2 episodes into Season 2 and really enjoying it so far.

2 Likes

Saw this in the theater when it came out. Cant believe it’s been almost 22 years. I guess I’m getting~ older.

3 Likes