Well, this will change the subject

The stress is even affecting kids. My boy cried last night because he was afraid of the earthquake happening again.

2 Likes

Nothing ever bothers my wife; she was dealing with the stress of everything very well, but the second major aftershock finally caught up with her. Sheā€™s back to her old self today.

1 Like

I think for me it was already-frayed nerves, a persistent cough keeping me up at nights (I donā€™t have a fever butā€¦?), and life-long conditioning that the ā€œBig Oneā€ will sink us all.

Which is weird because I couldnā€™t be bothered to ā€œduck and coverā€ despite those early years of earthquake drills. I just looked around, saw nothing falling down, and rode it out.

Yup. It terrified a friend of mine who has since refused to enter his apartment. He frantically called me from his car stating that he was going to stay in one of his sisters homes. Overreaction to say the least. Another friend was trying to convince me that we were likely to have a big one soon.

Having lived through one very serious earthquake as well as many smaller ones, I could tell almost immediately that this was not ā€œthe big oneā€. Some of my friends reactions have been quite comical, but I guess if you havenā€™t been exposed to anything else it makes sense. This certainly didnā€™t help with the current state of hysteria.

Didnā€™t even think about about that before (Nevada affecting you guys). Thatā€™s interesting.

Well to be fair, having the earth move under your feet isnā€™t exactly a comforting experience. There are times when my blinds or something else will start to sway before I realize it and have to think ā€œwait do I need to jump under a table or whatā€.

Theyā€™ve been predicting that for a while for you guys. I didnā€™t even know there were moving plates out there, so itā€™s always odd for me to hear about earthquakes outside of the ā€œring of fireā€.

1 Like