Well, this will change the subject

Weird, I was out walking with my daughter yesterday and there was a pile of wet and smashed leaves on the street that I kicked and hundreds of box elder bugs came crawling out all over. Felt like a mini-infestation.

Those little critters are actually a fond memory from my childhood. I hadn’t thought about them for years!

someone in bountiful caught it on video

2 Likes

Perhaps not appropriate, but…

What do you call a Mormon Gynecologist?
A Box Elder.

4 Likes

strangely, its been nice to not focus on the virus for a few hours, even if it was shifted to something else from the Book of Revelations.

My work office has structural damage, not that I was venturing in there anytime soon anyway.

Who felt that 4.6 aftershock?

2 Likes

It’s the only aftershock I felt today in Sandy. My nerves had JUST started to calm down (phantom quakes) when it hit.

1 Like

That’s the problem I have. Just the dread that another larger quake will happen.

1 Like
1 Like

“Is there lava?” is my new go to response for any crisis.

1 Like

I’ve felt about a half a dozen aftershocks since the initial one. The 4.6 had us looking for cover.

You guys don’t get earthquakes very often right?

I remember back when I was in town there were a lot of people complaining about government regulations and not needing buildings to be earthquake sound, over regulation, etc. Is this the biggest one you’ve had in a while?

1 Like

Yep. And it still wasn’t “the big one”.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That joke was in the original incarnation of, “Saturday’s Voyeur,” and I’m certain I heard it before that.

2 Likes

Well, nothing like being in the vortex of working the event. I am tired, and tomorrow is coming soon.

3 Likes

Yes, I think i first hear it in the original Saturday’s Voyeur - a classic! Nancy Borgenicht, one of the creative minds behind Saturday’s Voyeur lives in my neighborhood - great lady!

1 Like

The whole sub theme in those originals with Joyce McDiddle, based on the real life exploits of Joy McKinney, cracks me up to this day. BTW, there’s a great documentary on McKinney called, “Tabloid.” I highly recommend it. She has never been a well woman.

We talked about that yesterday, oddly enough. My wife was debating whether or not to put in a garden this year.

Put in the garden. I’ve seen the end of times, and we still haven’t become Provo yet.