Well, this will change the subject

Good god, is everyone okay? My whole house shook.

My office tower was swaying, pretty unsettling. Everything seems OK though, just a little different :smiley:

1 Like

Knocked a couple things off shelves in Bountiful.
Plagues, earthquakes. 2020 can â– â– â– â–  right off.

4 Likes

March is officially the worst month.

2 Likes

This certainly won’t stop the hoarding…

3 Likes

Hate this stupid ass month

1 Like

I’d say we are off to a pretty strange start.

1 Like

I think a plague of locusts is next.

1 Like

unnerving to say the least. That was a long 15-20 second roll. Only felt one of the aftershocks. Looks like some damage around the valley

I’ve lived through two pretty big ones in L.A., including the Northridge quake (we lived in Norfthridge). This was nothing like that one, but was still alarming because of its length. Just make sure you know where your flashlights are, have decent shoes by the side of your bed, and put them on before you start running around the house after a shaker. If you have heavy objects that might fall on people, move them or brace them. Those steps will give you some peace of mind and might save you lots of trouble later.

3 Likes

LOL. It’s about more than cold feet, unfortunately. After the Northridge quake the #1 patient complaint in hospital emergency departments was foot lacerations. People jumped out of bed and stepped on broken glass, which in most homes was all over the place. On our kitchen floor the broken glass was an inch thick. Fortunately we looked around before we walked.

2 Likes

For years they’ve avoided the annoyance of constantly worrying about preparations and now will suffer for a very short time with cold feet. Your feet are warm but you’re already thinking about “the next time”. So besides the joy of getting to say “I told you so”, are you really enjoying those warm feet to the upmost?

I’m okay, in case anyone is wondering. But that’s because I live in Seattle, so I didn’t feel the quake, so everything’s hunky dory. Oh wait, I live in Seattle…never mind.

4 Likes

what a great feeling. Its the best.

Box Elder bugs. And this time they’re not going to be peaceable. They’ve been patient long enough!

4 Likes

You’re the second person in the last 30 minutes to warn me about box elder bugs!

1 Like

My Tongan cousins said it was no big deal. “Is there lava? OK, den it’s OK. We drink kava tonight.”

7 Likes

Those little critters are actually a fond memory from my childhood. I hadn’t thought about them for years!

someone in bountiful caught it on video

2 Likes

Perhaps not appropriate, but…

What do you call a Mormon Gynecologist?
A Box Elder.

4 Likes