Week 2 games

I would think we stand pat. I suspect we’ll have a couple of teams jump us. Kentucky for sure. maybe Tennessee and Arkansas too. If BYU wins they could jump. Guessing USC touches top 5 with that win. I’m with Kirk Herbstreit on this stuff — first 4 or 5 weeks should be very fluid allowing teams to move significantly.

This game should come down to turnovers. Probably an INT since both schools are great at covering up.

2 Likes

LOL. Clay Helton led Georgia Southern just took the lead with seconds left in the 4th against Scott Frost and Nebraska in Lincoln.

Local Radio Call:

1 Like

…And the Scott Frost firing watch just came into full focus. Wouldn’t be surprised if it happened tomorrow morning.

They’ll wait. 3 more games and his buyout drops

1 Like

Weber St dominates USU. Surprising.

The Weber State coaching staff is full of former Utes.

Jay Hill
Joe Dale
Robert Conley
Andre Dyson

4 Likes

Didn’t Utah have a guy named Pleasant Johnson?

1 Like

Some observations and questions after week 2.

Went to the Utes game and watched most of the BYU game on TV and after two weeks, I have to admit that BYU, outside of their kicker, looks to be the better team. Their defense is more physical. Hall has looked a little better than Rising. They have outside receivers that can get separation. I think Utah’s run game is better, but I would bet Vegas would have BYU as a 3 point favorite on a neutral field. I won’t be at all surprised if they beat Oregon next week.

I don’t think Baylor was as good as their ranking. The QB was bad.

Richardson came back to earth against UK. UK really got after him and it showed. Utah could not get any pressure on him and allowed him to do what he wanted. UK pressured and actually tackled him.

Why can’t Utah get the ball to the WR’s.? It isn’t that Ludwig doesn’t know how to do it. His first stint at Utah, the TE’s were rarely part of the game plan. Chris Joppru was the starting TE the Sugar Bowl year. If Utah is going to get where we all hope they will get, the defense will need to be more physical and they will need to at least make an effort to include the WR’s.

USC has a lot of offensive weapons, but Stanford really shot itself in the foot with turnovers. The USC defense is their achilles. Arizona came down to back to earth, CU is terrible and will be looking for a new HC at the end of the year. I wonder if Jay Hill would get a sniff. Who can tell anything about UCLA, Cal, or Washington. Wazzu has the best conference win and Oregon St. probably has the next 2. We will know a lot more about Oregon and Washington after next week.

My PAC rankings based on actual on field performance after week 2:
Wazzu (2-0 with best win)
Oregon St. (2-0 with two very good wins)
USC (2-0)
Utah (1-1)
Arizona (1-1)
Oregon (1-1)
Stanford (1-1)
ASU (1-1)
CU (0-2 - but they actually played somebody)
Washington and UCLA have not yet played anyone.

1 Like

Well, I was wrong. Buyout was $15M dropping to $7.5M Oct 1. No word if there was a negotiated amount.

Florida cost you guys one spot. Weird.

1 Like

How the Fu@k do you hang 73 pts on someone and drop in the polls ? Complete HORSESH!T

3 Likes

What undefeated team do you have a better resume than? FWIW, you are the highest rated 1 loss team and ahead of an undefeated team with a top 25 win.

2 Likes

I would say Miami, Oklahoma and TDS

Meh. It’s like Alabama dropping one after a win. Who cares in September. Y’all are in a good spot to make playoffs if you win out.

1 Like

That pic six was a terrible read by Richardson. Although UK seemed to have it covered on a potential fade, which is the read the WR made as the DB was “squatting” on the route, AR read the curl. Bang. zoom, done. Int and that’s the game.

I am not going to lump on Richardson. For all his wow factor, this was only his third career start. He is raw, and we really had not one to spot him for a series or two to calm him down, as our actual back up QB is still injured.

I could argue with a lot of the play calling sure, but no point. We did have one of those key injuries I spoke of to our best LB, Ventrell Miller. I am not sure how long he will be out, but that is not good.

On the bright side, we had far less penalties. Only three, and we seem to have a decent field goal kicker. RB Etienne is going to be really good for us.

Adjusted September record based on current evidence…2-2.

RR

1 Like

Stoops had done well at Kentucky. He has been there since 2013, and really improved the football team to put them in contention.

RR

1 Like

Because we lost the only game of relevance. We’re highest ranked 1 loss team who’s best win in SUU. 14 is more than fair.

2 Likes

They are doing well recruiting Ohio and more midwestern strongholds.

No doubt. On the flip side, Florida has one of the worst WR rooms in quite some time, along with no depth at DL and not that much on the OL, which is on the previous staff. I mean, if we had a Kyle Pitts and Adarius Toney, just to go back to the recent past, well…maybe things are different. Then again, maybe not. When UF loses, I do give credit to the opposing team for having a good plan. So, kudos to Kentucky. Kudos to Utah. We stole one from you.

RR

2 Likes

When you look things over, Florida’s defense played a decent game. They got no help from the offense, right, but not bad. When you boil it down, it was the two turnovers. I think Utah has a better OL than UK frankly. UK only rushed for 70 yards. UF had 136 yards rushing, depsite Richardson being held to basically nothing. As Richardson goes, so goes the Gators I suppose.

Roller coaster.

RR

1 Like