Week 2 games

Crazy results and the Utes will probably reappear in AP top 10 after this week.

Way to go Wazzu, beat Wisconsin in Madison! (Former Ute portal passenger S Kamo’i Latu missed the tackle that enabled WSU to score the go ahead TD)

5 Likes

Huge win. Then you have Appy State going HAM. Also, Tennessee looking good against Pitt.

Side note, how is it 76 degrees in Gainesville a week later? Lol

1 Like

Just looking at some of the scores.

I didn’t see the App St win over aTm, so that’s a big help for our Utes.

I didn’t predict the ND loss either. Made me laugh when I saw the score at first.

Not sure what to make of the squeaker the Alabama had in Austin. I know that Saban wasn’t thrilled with the line going into the game.

3 Likes

Nothing. Sloppy play by Bama, Bad OC playcalling, and their deep ball WR is still injured from Summer. He should be back soon. 120 degrees on the field at 11am. Just hell. Alabama did the same thing with UF last September.

3 Likes

The style points today should get us knocking on the door of the Top 10, at least.

One game at a time.

5 Likes

Just saw Appy State had the ball for 41:30. Hahahahahaha

1 Like

This type of loss really makes me wonder about Jimbo Fisher’s coaching abilities. He seems to have stranger wtf loss than we do.

1 Like

Between the tu-Alabama game and the Wiscy-Wazzu game this was an incredible football Saturday. A&M lived down to seasonal expectations; they could beat Bama one week and lose to Little Blind Sisters of the Poor the next week. Still looking to get a read on Florida’s overall value this season.

They fired Sumlin to win 3% more games.

“With today’s loss to App State, Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M have now lost their last three games against FBS opponents, two of which were unranked.”

2 Likes

Not sure 3% more is on the way. But Sumlin wasn’t good, his time at Arizona showed that.

1 Like

Not all jobs are the same. Kiffin has a better record % wise at Ole Miss in arguably a tougher spot than he did at SC.

2 Likes

USC. I’m a believer. Those receivers man. :grimacing:

Agreed. That game at RES will decide the conference.

UK is figuring it out in the Swamp.

They damn well better, jumping the hell past Notre Dame and TAMU, both of whom lost AT HOME. Meanwhile we lost AT FLORIDA for chrisskaes on a last minute interception. Yeah… I dont want to hear one god**** word out of that eastern/Midwestern Media for at least another 3 -4 weeks.

2 Likes

That’s not looking like nearly as strong a loss, since Kentucky’s about to beat them at the Swamp.

Still, we will likely move up.

2 Likes

There is a big reason I have UK in the SEC Championship this year. They have to catch UGA but they have the best team in program history. QB is a legit first round draft pick.

Florida has to face UT in two weeks who upset Pitt at Pitt. Tough first month

My favorite player name this year…Kentucky running back Kavosiey Smoke. First name pronounced like the cognac.

2 Likes

Apparently, to beat UF you have to force Anthony Richardson to throw two picks; also hold him to four yards rushing (!!) and just 14 of 35 passing. Stoops passes Paul Bear Bryant in UK’s all time winning.