Utes vs. Washington thread

Weird game so far. We were up by 11, now down by 13. UW just got 5-point play. Nothing going right for the Utes right now. Oddly, UW getting lots of open threes (and making them).

Now down 15. Wow.

Fouls are Utah 13 Washington 6

Washington averages 19.8 fouls per game. (This is one of the worst in all of college basketball)

Utah averages 15

Draw your own conclusions.

1 Like

Utah 8 TOs, Washington 0. Along with the fouls that @Diehard_Ute notes, that stat might tell the story.

1 Like

A game of runs.

2 Likes

Gutsy win. It was looking bleak

4 Likes

Anyone know why Keita was not on the floor the last 10 minutes or so?

1 Like

Hot damn!

1 Like

How often do teams shoot a worse percentage from the free throw line than the 3 point line?

Credit Washington’s free throw defense, I guess?

3 Likes

Stats looked ok, except our free throw %.

3 Likes

Really solid win against a KenPom top 50. And fighting back from double digits… a real program builder.

6 Likes

I was impressed too. They showed lots of character. Smith also showed coaching chops.

5 Likes

60 second half points even with all the missed free throws. This was like an NBA game.

5 Likes

It’s great to see the team go undefeated in December.

GO UTES!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought Operaman had jinxed us with his earlier thread about going undefeated for the month, especially when we were down a lot in the first half. It turns out that he’s Uteradamus after all.

6 Likes

I do what I can. Not all heroes wear capes.

5 Likes

UW went small & Branden was able to guard #11–their best player, which left Ben Carlson as the best option to be out away from the basket—to guard a smaller quick player. Plus it opened up the post for Branden C-& he made them pay down low.

5 Likes

Predict an undefeated January.

3 Likes

I’m not that bold and brave. That would be pretty awesome though.

5 Likes

Uterus what now? :wink:

3 Likes

With a username like Operaman, I always envision you wearing a cape.

7 Likes