Utes vs the Colorado Fighting Primes in the season finale

@Ma-ake is the guy to lead our team. He knows the plays. He’s not young, but he’s got skills and a cold dead stare to boot. It’s time to shine in the light of Utah glory.

2 Likes

The only thing that would do is provide med students with experience in trauma care.

I would call an audible on first down to quick kick and run directly into the locker room. I prolly wouldn’t even shower, would be on Trax before anyone knew what was happening.

4 Likes

All kinds of rumors on Twitter that Nate Johnson has left the team. Lost of people talking like it’s fact, but I can’t find any sources I really trust. Nate’s hasn’t tweeted anything himself since Nov 11th.
It seems like bad timing on his part. He could start and look really good on Saturday, bolstering his resume if he truly is thinking about transferring somewhere else.

4 Likes

Looking over the roster, there are few seniors on the team. One is Kuithe, who could return, and Rising is coming back. Maybe there are others. If Utah has even a normal year as far as injuries are concerned, next season could be special.

2 Likes

So…does anyone have any insight on who will be playing QB tomorrow? I see folks on social media saying that Barnes is hurt and Johnson has left the team. Of course they don’t say how they know this. Anyone here have any reliable info?

Here’s an example:

Know it all #1 - Rumors, it’s all rumors. Ha ha
Know it all #2 - No, they’re not.
#1 - I know.

1 Like

KSL is saying it too.

The only thing we haven’t seen this season is Swoop with a head bandage, a sling, a leg cast, and a crutch.

2 Likes

Actual news outlets are now reporting that Johnson is entering the portal and Bottari is starting.

Utah QB Nate Johnson intends to enter the transfer portal, multiple sources told @KSLcom.

The redshirt freshman is still listed on Utah’s roster, which makes whether or not he “quit the team” a matter of semantics.

Yes, Luke Bottari is expected to start vs. Colorado.

— Josh Newman (@Joshua_Newman) November 24, 2023

https://twitter.com/Joshua_Newman/status/1728185694546432183

4 Likes

Nate could be a decent WR here. He just isn’t a good enough passer tobe a full-time starter at this level.

4 Likes

For reasons most of you will never understand, I was hoping Luke Bottari would see action before his career at Utah ended. If he could somehow someway pilot the Utes to victory, it would be almost unimaginable.

8 Likes

I hope he can. We really need this win.

6 Likes

May he channel the spirit of Drew Lisk.

Also, confirmation that Johnson is gone.

4 Likes

is Barnes questionable because of illness?

1 Like

Injured, from what I’ve heard.

1 Like

Nate Johnson could have used Saturdays game to his benefit in the transfer portal, especially against a poor CU defense. He seems like a great kid, but that was a boneheaded decision.

5 Likes

Disappointed Johnson is leaving, but I guess I get it. But how many Ute QBs have transferred in the last six or seven years? And how many have done anything?

2 Likes

Lots and none.

5 Likes

Wanted to be with family for Thanksgiving? I assume he would still finish out the semester to get grades and stay eligible? Or is that not a thing anymore?

3 Likes

I think, especially as a QB if you’ve checked out mentally and just aren’t invested then it probably isn’t a good move to put yourself in a position for a serious injury.

2 Likes

Since 2013, my research shows the following QBs have transferred from Utah. Some played little or not at all. But yeah, I don’t think any did anything of consequence after transferring:

Donovan Isom
Brandon Cox
Conner Manning
Logan Bateman
Cooper Bateman
Jack Tuttle
Jason Shelley
Carter Robinson
Jake Bentley
Nick Billoups
Cooper Justice
Charlie Brewer