Utes vs the Colorado Fighting Primes in the season finale

Didn’t see a thread yet, so here goes.

Lots of rumors and drama swirling around about who may or may not be playing, who may or may not have left the program, and how the Utes are going to wrap up one of the strangest seasons I think any of us have ever witnessed.

Regardless, it’s looking like this will be a battle of the backups…or the backups backups…or the backups backups backups. This is either going to be the most entertaining game of the year, or an absolute dumpster fire. I’m still undecided on which way it’ll go.

I’ll be there. Hopefully, there will be 11 guys that can take the field.

5 Likes

Definitely the strangest season ever. It begs the question: what is going on with the injuries? Has it simply been horrendous luck, the likes of which we have never seen? Is it practice habits and routines? Is it the strength and conditioning? The nutrition? Wimpy players (I’m kidding)? It’s just unbelievable.

The coaches and those players who have played in the injured players’ places deserve the utmost praise. Even being 7-4 at this point is a huge accomplishment.

3 Likes

Massey’s algorithm says 37-17.

2 Likes

With all vast amount of starters and backups on the shelf on both sides of the ball, for both teams, maybe we ought to get one of the huge HMO’s to sponsor the game tomorrow.

Something tells me the game will be like watching Columbine HS vs Carbon HS. We can hope it will achieve JC level play…

Ok, our defense will rock…our offense should be able to make plays on their less than U$C defense, but who knows.

At least it isn’t a real rivalry game where it doesn’t matter how much a team achieves or sucks, it’s all gonna play equal and down to the last play.

Then again…

1 Like

Haven’t heard whether Shedeur is playing for CU this Saturday. I watched the WSU game last week; the Buffs’ backup QB sucks. But they do have some playmakers. Hunter and Horn can be dangerous, but they have no running game.

If Barnes and Johnson are indeed not available, and if Shedeur is out, this will be a very low-scoring game.

2 Likes

Hard to believe it’s anything but bad luck. We haven’t changed anything in the support stuff, same people that have been here for years.

3 Likes

Shadeur is a game time decision, but according to Dad he isn’t recovering enough at this point so it’s likely he won’t play.

With the vortex that is our injured list, it might be possible that we forfeit due to a lack of scholarship players able to play.

2 Likes

This may be a crazy question, but I am just throwing it out there. Win or lose Saturday, is it possible Utah would decline a bowl invite. I mean, is anyone left to play in it? I guess there would be a few weeks for some people to heal up. Maybe. And the extra practice time is good. I’m not being flippant. Just a thought.

I think there’s still enough players to play, would be good to practice and basically start the process for next year. A couple extra weeks to heal and practice would be good, but wouldn’t be surprised if offense comes out flat in a bowl game and the defense doesn’t go full tilt to avoid big injuries

1 Like

Has anyone heard that Luke Bottari is starting?

Only rumors. My guess is we won’t know a damn thing until the offense takes the field Saturday

3 Likes

Only from sources of unknown credibility.

3 Likes

It was posted somewhere on the internet, so it has to be true.

2 Likes

A bunch of online rumors, but that’s it. Who knows what’s really going on.

3 Likes

20231123_132525

5 Likes

True. I think the weight training, medical and physical therapy people are all the same too. Maybe the U’s dietary folks accidentally purchased food from the BYU creamery this fall.

2 Likes

Nah I could score against Colorado’s “defense.” I still have Utah winning by like 30

1 Like

Johnny the Snitch: Word is that Deion Sanders has been having his goon Luka knock a few more Utes out of the game.

Drebin: What’s a goonluca?

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like