Utes vs. Demon Deacons

Ugh, slow start, lid on the basket for Utah down 9-6

WF is hot from three, Utes down 23-18

1 Like

Damn, down 10 at the break 41-31

1 Like

Honest question: Is Utah basketball ever going to be good again?

Both of our BB teams…just fall apart vs any real competition.

1 Like

playing better this half down 49-46

1 Like

Tied at 60, 7 minutes left

UTES up 65-60, branden carlsen is having a monster game

Now 68-65 Utes

If we could make FT’s this wouldnt be close, ugh

2 Likes

70-68 Utes 1:47 left

72-68 Utes 54 seconds left Utah ball

75-70 15 seconds left, utes ball

1 Like

77-70 our Utes win. Just saw the score on ESPN.

3 Likes

Great last play to waste time, get points, and not get fouled. 6 Houston, future conference mate next

2 Likes

Great comeback down 10 at half, Smith switched to a zone and stymied the Deacons.

They play #6 Houston tomorrow night

3 Likes

Good win. I have hope.

5 Likes

Impressive win by the Utes!!

I’m liking how this team is put together. We haven’t even seen Exacte, yet. Bajema and Lovering are nice additions.

Belated revenge for KVH, an enticer for Ute hoop fans.

5 Likes

I am pleasantly surprised. Great second half.

1 Like

Me like having two starting seven footers roaming the paint.

6 Likes

That was a terrific second half. Loved how the Utes dealt with adversity and withstood the late surge.

3 Likes

Loved reading through this thread. Especially the part with old Doom and Gloom here. :grin:

Two more wins and this team will be ranked. One of them will have to be #6 Houston.

5 Likes

Well, in all fairness, the team looked pretty ragged in the first half. And for several seasons, we’ve seen Utah start out by blowing out bad teams and then losing (sometimes convincingly) to mediocre or decent ones. I’d like to see the Utes start to win consistently. Tomorrow’s game will be tough. I’m not expected a win; just hope it’s competitive.

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say that most fans have these lows and highs throughout the games, and especially with the basketball team, as frustrating as the men’s team has been over the past several years.

I couldn’t help but partake in the low hanging fruit of yours and Justaute’s posts after the game for some ribbing. Hey, let’s hope I get to do it much more often this season, that means the team is better than we thought!

2 Likes

Meh…fall apart against good competition does not mean doom and gloom. It’s not binary. You do you.

1 Like