Utes basketball 2022 offseason thread

How about if we ban Alex Jensen shills.

1 Like

Let’s do it.

As for Isaac Johnson he’s from Utah Co and his brother plays for Provo. I’m just going with the odds here.

Klaus, Bobi! He’s our white knight!

Big news!

3 Likes
1 Like

Bouncy

2 Likes

This would be a huge get. He can PLAY!

5 Likes

I just hope we can land a couple of these guys.

2 Likes

Is Pope and BYU recruiting everyone in the transfer portal? Good grief.

2 Likes

I heard two interesting rumors tonight. One Both still might leave and two lonar might leave BYU. Both could be advantageous for the Utes

1 Like

This is my first, last, and only comment on the transfer portal, and it comes much more from a Basketball, than a Football perspective (which is probably a result of our current level of success in these two sports):

The recent anyone-can-transfer-anywhere-anytime-and-do-so-as-often-as-they-want paradigm, is starting to REALLY frustrate me :frowning:

6 Likes

This along with the NIL may end up ruining college sports. Part of me understands why both need to be available to the athletes but another part of me understands why there were reasons they didn’t take place.
With NIL you get one billionaire alum with a goofy hair style who starts buying recruits but the school still can’t make the tournament or win big games, then what?

3 Likes

The days of honoring several graduating seniors who all played 4 seasons at the same school on senior night are long gone. :frowning:

3 Likes

Sounds like Gach is unlikely to go but it’s not out of the realm. Honestly not sure Lohner would be a very good get at this point, we may have dodged one there.

4 Likes

Nobody has seen a consistently good Gach - flashes, the tools are there. If Smith can coax better consistency out of him, that’s one less player we need to get from the portal. When he was here before, a Sudanese kid at my work who socialized with him said he was enjoying the party life (like 20 year olds do). Time to grow up, Both.

If Carlson can stop racking up health bills like an 80 year old, Anthony can get some trajectory on his shot, and we can get some decent guys in the portal, hopefully we can keep our head above water.

If Kyle Smith can get Wazzu out of the morgue, I’ve got faith in Craig. SLC is a better place to recruit to than Pullman.

3 Likes

He could start with increasing his awareness of where the out of bounds line is.

2 Likes

Thats been his MO every year. he loves to not only talk to everyone, but he also likes to get the fans involved.

I am very interested to see what happens in Provo. There has been rumblings of a lot of unhappy campers, even among those that got playing time. Time will tell.

1 Like