Utah vs USC Thread

I told you Utah was winning. Go win the Pac 12.

4 Likes

Iā€™m nervous about saying things like this, but I think this team made a leap forward tonight. You could call it gelling, maturation, awakening, finding the groove, recognition, whatever. The light went on. I hope Iā€™m right.

2 Likes

Added bonus: We have a good young receiver named Money Parks.

2 Likes

I hope youā€™re right too. Especially because I want to see us put a similar beating down on ASU next week.

Rising just said on the radio interview that the flea flicker play to Vele was supposed to be an outside run. He called the wrong play. It worked out pretty well for him. Sideline was initially mad.

5 Likes

1 Like

I agree, but next week is a very different challenge. Slovis isnā€™t a running threat, Daniels is.

We typically struggle against mobile QBā€™s, and I hope next week will be a different story.

1 Like

A few were offered earlier. :wink:

Does anyone know why Solo didnā€™t play tonight? Saw him on the sidelines but not in the gameā€¦

1 Like

Ford deleted that Tweet, btw.

1 Like

True. I hope Scalley and Co. come up with some way to cope with that challenge. When we struggle against those QBs, itā€™s maddening to watch.

Iā€™m sure he was told to take it down.

Iā€™m also sure it was factual.

2 Likes

I see he tweeted about the game, which made me realize I didnā€™t remember seeing him tonight.

Serendipity

2 Likes

Hell yeah! If Utah takes down ASU next week, theyā€™d have a serious stranglehold over the South. Theyā€™d be the only undefeated team in the division and theyā€™d own the head to head tiebreaker over both USC and ASU. I am calling it now: Utahā€™s going to go undefeated in conference play if they beat ASU on Saturday. Those UCLA and Oregon games are going to be massive. This is going to go from a disappointing season to a magical one. 10-2 (9-0) is pretty much the equal of Utahā€™s 11-1 (8-1) season of 2019. Yes 11-1 is technically better than 10-2, but 9-0 is obviously better than 8-1, especially since that one loss was to the team we beat down tonight. Go Utes! Beat the Scum Devils next Saturday!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/risingeunice/status/1447060471912091653?s=21

10 Likes

Thatā€™s Fantastic!

1 Like

Kyle further detailed this.

On the play that resulted in a timeout, the coaching staff saw Rising was in the wrong spot for the run theyā€™d called so they called timeout.

Rising gets to the sideline and tells them he thought theyā€™d called a flea flicker (he misread the wristband). Kyle liked the call, and so did Ludwig so they went with Risingā€™s ā€˜mistakeā€™

9 Likes

And here I had given KW and Ludwig credit for opening up and getting creative. Rising is the gambler, even if by accident. We need that.

11 Likes

One concern that I have, and I donā€™t think itā€™s minor. I thought Southern Calā€™s receivers were way too open many times last night. They were making back to back 20 yard completions.

5 Likes