Utah vs The Dancing Trees

8pm Kickoff on ESPN

This is supposed to be my last home game with season tickets…but I’m not sure I can bring two young kids to a game that will end after midnight in 20 degree weather.

Dress them like Ralphies brother

from Christmas Story

10 Likes

Definitely appears, based on the way too early weather forecast, we might need to put away the brass monkeys before kickoff. :wink:

5 Likes

Roger that Colonel Blake

2 Likes

So don’t go.

BZiSujsOExqpTJwd0C

3 Likes

I say this all the time when it gets cold and about half the people chuckle and the other half look confused. I love the phrase.

5 Likes

Cold and dry is much much better than cold and wet. It’s going to be a fun last tailgate and game at home.

8 Likes

Let’s just flat out say it, this is a dick move by the TV powers that be. We stayed through the last second of last night, so it’s not like we won’t put up with bad weather. But, there are options that don’t put teams in ridiculous conditions automatically.

13 Likes

I like David Shaw. He seems like a solid individual. No doubt, he’s been a great representative for Stanford. In the last 3 seasons (throwing out the Covid year) Stanford’s gone 4-8, 3-9 and 3-6 (2022). Shaw makes $9.25 million per year. I realize he bought a lot of goodwill with the success he’s had a decade ago, but …

3 Likes

Recruiting at ‘Furd is hard based on the academics alone. Recruiting in the age of NIL and the Transfer Portal is even harder. Shaw is doing the best he can with what he’s got, and I believe the University knows it.

3 Likes

Pattern lately is most day games are early in the season (in the hot sun) and games in November as late as they can be. But as noted above, cold and dry is a LOT easier to prepare for than cold and wet.

6 Likes

Here’s hoping for a similar result to last year’s 52-7 beatdown. If you all recall, Utah had three players go over 100 yards (Thomas, Bernard, and Pledger). That had never happened before at Utah. Plus, Pledger’s 96-yard TD run was the longest run in school history.

2 Likes

Since the Tree is on suspension, it give a whole new meaning to “Riding the Pine.” :joy::joy:

1 Like

Utes - 11
Furd - 3

Utah 42
Trees 17

Trees get 10 points in garbage time giving Whitt something to use to prep the team for Eugene.

3 Likes

I’m going with 35-13, and believe we could pour on more but will run the ball enough to limit the size of the rout.

UTES 31 Stanford 21
They get 7 at the end with our 3rd & 4th team’s valuable game time.
The Dancing Tree ruptures an achilies dancing in 20 degree weather.
stanford-tree-lsjumb

Yikes, we’re losing a lot this year

2 Likes

If Utah starts slowly like this next week, they are going to get blown out. Offense looks disinterested.

3 Likes

Kyle told anyone who’s considering going to walk. Worse case they do it again next year.

5 Likes