Utah made Mario quit

Anyone send this to any Hurricon boards?

You know, that old joke actually happened to my sister in law with her first husband. It was Christmas Eve. Itā€™s one of the crazy family stories I married into. Itā€™s not as good as moving to escape from The Three Stoogeā€™s goons, but itā€™s pretty good.

My gender non specific adult example went out for a vape cartridge Bowl.

1 Like

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good fit, Ed Orgeron sounds a bit like a Duck with a bad cold.

Kayvon opting out of bowl game. I would guess he would have played in the Rose Bowl.

ESPN: Potential No. 1 pick Kayvon Thibodeaux to declare for NFL draft, skip Oregon Ducksā€™ bowl game.

1 Like

Did Utah cost Kayvon some money? Seems to me was shown to be more controllable than people thought. Or maybe he just wasnā€™t trying.

2 Likes

Either way I would think his star should have faded a little.

Wuss.

5 Likes

Heā€™s still listed on most draft boards at #1 so, no. Heā€™s going to make a ton of money. I think that program has packed it in because of the Utes. The whole team unraveling. Taking new jobs, skipping bowl games and entering the portal. Now is the time for Noah to transfer back home. Let Dad wear one solid jersey.

8 Likes

I wonder who will want to be in the Alamo Bowl less - UO or OU. Both thought they were better than they were (and Caleb Williams was a Heisman hopeful until late in the season). Both lost their coach. The UO fans were saying on their board they would rather play OU than OSU again (probably because the results would be much different?). Both teams are scrambling, but OU had more time so they grabbed Vulnerables [sic].

1 Like

On top of Sundayā€™s monumental insult, kind of fun to watch Cougar fans sweat over Kalani (apparently) getting an interview in Eugene.

Oregon fans would go berserk if he was the hire (they may be worse than USCā€™s fanbase on the ā€œentitledā€ index), so I doubt Kalani would be the guy - and he should seriously think about not taking that job if they offer - but he should use this to extract as much $$$ as he can from the vault in Provo.

10 Likes

Kalani should jump ship if given the chance. The last two years in Provo were an anomaly, not the norm. Once they struggle a bit in the B12 (and they will), Provo fans will want to run him out.

5 Likes

Zoobs wont/cant run him our of town. They have no other viable options. Kalami could have losing seasons for the next 8 yearsā€¦ and heā€™d be safe

1 Like

I understand what youā€™re saying but the fans will hate him when he only wins 5 or 6 games a year in the B12. Jay Hill, Roderick and Scalley are legit options for them. Before they hired Bronco, nobody thought he was a candidate. Theyā€™ll find someone.

2 Likes

Utah fans can make a random post about a P12 school about BYU faster than I make Utah post about Alabama.

2 Likes

This oneā€™s an academic exercise, soā€¦

If Oregon offers him $5M a year (down from a package they could produce for an A-list coach), if Iā€™m Kalani, take it.

Itā€™s getting more & more like the NFL, where if you havenā€™t been fired, you havenā€™t been in the business very long (unless your name is Belichick or Reid).

I agree that Kalani in Provo will eventually garner the frustration of that fan base. This year is the high point for him, and even with a highpoint season he has to deal with a fanbase that is angry and talking about boycotting the bowl gameā€¦ for reasons entirely out of Kalaniā€™s control.

All of this makes what Whit has done even more remarkable. Over the years thereā€™s been some grumblings here & there, but itā€™s been nothing like what Oregon fans have erupted.

If Kalani is thinking ā€œI can just emulate Whittā€, heā€™s wrong. First of all, Whitt is a fanatic about taking care of his own health. Kalani has gotten big.

Second of all, they all feel like they finally got their jackpot, but between recruiting with the Honor Code, and truly stupid, masochistic amounts of long distance travel eastboundā€¦ itā€™s just not going to happen. Every year will produce at least one or two head scratcher losses on the road, guaranteed, predicted by science.

13 Likes

Post edited

5 Likes

Kalaniā€™s dilemmaā€¦

Take the money, jump ship, and coach in a conference where there are great travel locations, and an open access for recruiting; or

Stay in East Provo, deal with the school-imposed recruiting restrictions and spend 6 games a year traveling to different forms of Laramie, Wyoming?

10 Likes

Well to be fair, our Utes travel to Laramie sometime in the near-ish future; but thatā€™s a one off. BYU gets in year in and year out in their near-ish future.

4 Likes