Utah made Mario quit

No. I think the Oregon coaches did a piss poor job. I think our coaches did their best work of the season game planning for Oregon twice. Cristobal’s post-game presser was revealing.

1 Like

I actually believe that Utah made Mario quit. He looked into his crystoball and saw no more conference titles or any other kind.

Off to Miami where winning the ACC will be easier.

8 Likes

So backing up the Brinks truck at Mario’s place didn’t work for Uncle Phil.

Listening to sports talk on ESPN, it seems the short list to replace Mario includes Justin Wilcox from Cal. Dave Aranda is being bandied about as a possibility, too. An interesting side note is if Oregon waits until after Jan 15th, they could get Chip back without owing a buyout to UCLA.

Like I said earlier, who wants a coach who couldn’t win with a team dropped dead-center of a football talent-rich environment? Answer - No one. Chip is going nowhere.

3 Likes

It would’ve been a bad move. Mario saved Oregon and Unkie Phil a butt-ton of money.

Jay Hill, Kalani, there are plenty of better coaches out there.

2 Likes

Mario was a lame Duck coach in the CCG,
now he’s a lame Hurricane coach.

5 Likes

maybe I am a bit biased but i cant believe Jay Hill doesnt get more play He is a good coach.

4 Likes

For sure, but to jump from Weber St. to Oregon? Never going to happen. But Jay should get some looks from mid-Major FBS schools.

2 Likes

Maybe with Mario gone Sewell will decide to play with his brother? I can hope can’t I?

3 Likes

OMG, that presser was classic Roscoe. I’d forgotten how insufferable his new-agey, surfer-bruh-manager schtick is.

4 Likes

Not saying that. I’m just saying that you can’t throw a rock around here without hitting a better coach than Crystalballs.

1 Like

note to self - avoid ever having to get healthcare in Miami.

instead of crutches you might end up with some old Miami yardage markers

1 Like

Quality post.

The post game photo of the two Sewell brothers hugging on the turf was a tear-jerker

6 Likes

Honestly, $400 million in profits for a health care system is leagues more ridiculous than the salaries paid for coaches. Damn…

5 Likes

The one problem is that Miami has awful facilities and no stadium on campus. I don’t know how well he’s going to attract talent, when the SEC has so much better stuff going for them.

1 Like

They will go back to recruiting “old school.” I am sure the Dade County Jail and local Pen will have a few folks they can get on “parole.”

#Hurraconslive

2 Likes

This is terrific.

5 Likes

They just received a commitment from an alumnus to build and pay for a $400mm on campus stadium (and presumably facilities commensurate). This happened last week.

Would love to see two Sewell brothers playing for Utah.

6 Likes

This tweet won the day, imo:

14 Likes