Utah Football gifts all scholarship players a new truck!

To be fair, it’s actually a 6-month rolling lease, but still quite a gift.

I wonder if Utah Football could lease an effective offense too?

Cool. 85 more gas-guzzling, pedestrian maiming, parking space overhanging pieces of junk to add to the winter inversion. Nice job, NIL.

12 Likes

I agree and it makes me wonder about the utility to the players. Do any of them need one of these?

3 Likes

Meh

2 Likes

If they would have beat Oregon St, maybe it would have been a Toyota?

5 Likes

Cooterbored is having a meltdown over it :rofl:
poor little fellas. Jealous as always

6 Likes

Something tells me they could’ve gotten them some plug-in hybrids and saved a couple of million. Hell, even gas hybrids like the Honda Accord or Toyota RAV 4 would have been a better choice.

Instead - the “6000 SUX” becomes the vehicle of choice. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

7 Likes

I’m fine with football players getting paid. I really am.

I’m not fine with what’s happening in institutions of Higher education that want to be the top of the heap of NFL pro farm teams. It’s time to split the teams off from the schools and let them make money and have contracts like everyone else. Two great things…in their current form better if separate. The University can pay for a sponsorship sign if the PR boosts them that much.

But this is no longer the golf or lacrosse team. It’s mutated far beyond even rhe BMOC jock team. Just my opinion. But it’s undermining my love of the game. So is the broken transfer portal.

7 Likes

Just a guess, but wouldn’t most college kids prefer a custom painted (or wrapped) pickup over a vehicle their mom might be driving?

2 Likes

BYU quickly announces their NIL vehicle program for football players.

18 Likes

9 Likes

Maybe that’s all that is selling so they had ecxess trucks. Wait, it’s Utah. Nevermind, carry on

2 Likes

Worthy of 9 stars!

6 Likes

Probably a Rivian. Haha

1 Like

I’d like to say that I’m glad I didn’t donate to the NIL collective, but I’m sure that my season ticket “donation” to the Crimson Club gets mixed in the pot. Seems like every day, they’re trying to make me less interested in this.

2 Likes

Do members of the UU ski team get Subaru Outbacks, they’ve only won four consecutive NCAA championships and have a graduation rate and average GPA that puts the football team to shame.

12 Likes

They still have their candy bars.

5 Likes

I understand your point but might I point out that the vast majority of the ski team are international students whom are prohibited from NIL compensation as part of their international student visas.

6 Likes

I’m hearing from someone who would know that several, if not many, players are turning this offer down because of the tax consequences, restrictions on use, and the CC wrap. Some of these may trickle down to walk-ons as a result or go unused completely. Basically, the lunch isn’t free.

7 Likes

Proving again to err is human, but to totally screw up the best intentions requires a tax attorney. :wink:

3 Likes