Utah Football gifts all scholarship players a new truck!

All I know is Alabama players have driven Dodge Chargers for over a decade. Yes, I realize that predates NIL. When I worked in Lexington UK Hoops players not only got cars but many lived in my neighborhood. Then one day I was working with a dealership in Richmond, KY and football coaches dropped off a roster for pickup of EKU (FCS school) player’s vehicles. It feels like cars have been a non existent secret for a long time. I know Kenny Stabler even talked about getting a convertible but it was more of “better deal” :wink: than most would get.

1 Like

at least it is legal now –

True. The shady dudes around programs was baaaaad. I know UK had one dude who was very much into the gambling scene and it was always weird how he’d leave cash for players.

1 Like

No truck for Boumeester or Yassmin? This thing is a contrived cobbled together cluster f*ck, which essentially mirrors the state of D-I “college” football and basketball.

3 Likes

Yup…semi-pro league without much substantive oversight.

1 Like

According to multiple reports the players versions will either have no wrap or just the small hash on the back.

No one is getting the one with the full wrap.

Just telling you what my well-connected source told me.

2 Likes

I love NIL era. That said, the Wild West days of NIL are in full swing. They even got CNS to comment on the Ohio State report:

2 Likes

Anybody else wonder how this really looks to recruits and especially to their parents? Obviously, one of the motivations for programs to be involved with NIL is to attract recruits. “Come to Utah, we can’t offer you money, but after you are on campus there are are people outside the program who will take care of you financially.” Those of us who have sent our kids to the U. at age 18 might not have been thrilled about them having their own brand-new cool-looking truck when they walk into their dorm room.

2 Likes

No, but they get to share one of these…
8205be1d17688ec91702d0477ce6ada3

6 Likes