Transfer Portal Thread

Plummer commits to Illinois.

Wow, Illinois was a very high seed in the NCAA tournament right? They must think highly of Plummer. I donā€™t see that hole being filled by the unlv transfer, I feel thatā€™s likely a downgrade, but all Iā€™m going off of is offers received.

Jenkins Worster and Anthony have all got calls from major programs around the country but choose to follow their coaches here. Itā€™s all about relationships. New guys have em old guys donā€™t.

4 Likes

Also, major/mid-major distinction matters less in basketball. A lot of mid-majors are better than majors. Two mids were in the Final Four this year.

What a mess. There might be fewer athletes that stayed with their program. There will be lots who donā€™t land a spot or scramble at the end and take whatever they can get. Lots of dreams will be lost, but this unique, likely 1-time occurrence (due to ā€˜freeā€™ covid year) is an opportunity many want to test.

With shortened or non-seasons for HS, coaches have a better idea of what they could get/who to recruit from the portal to build their teams back. It basically is now a free agent system. And likely will be chaos until top programs basically say they are full and athletes start accepting the best offers they feel they have (playing opportunity, home considerations, styles, etc.).

"Conversely one can assume that there are some decent bugs left among that mass of players that we can easily pick up."

No turds, no roaches!

Personally, I am hoping there are some decent bigs ā€¦

:laughing:

4 Likes

There is a lot of ā€˜cascadeā€™ activity in the portal. One guy commits, and the guy who will lose minutes to that commit jumps in the portal.

I am also starting to worry about tampering. We know there are some unethical coaches out there, and I suspect some are taking advantage of the chaos in the portal.

1 Like

This made me laugh. ā€œStartingā€ to worry? Of course tampering was an expected, intentional part of the deal!

4 Likes

somethingā€¦somethingā€¦a coach named Popeā€¦somethingā€¦

4 Likes

So, itā€™s not a bug, but a feature? Huzzahs for whoever designed that system. /s

1 Like

Oklahoma transfer Kur Kuath tells me that he has heard from the following schools: Utah, Marquette, Boston Colly, LSU, BYU, Minnesota.

Averaged 5.1 PPG. 6ā€™10 220 Senior transfer

1 Like

Kuath wants to go pro. Played JUCO ball at SLCC.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/mens-basketball/kur-kuath-makes-it-official-pro-ball-is-the-goal

1 Like

Both of these guys would provide quite a bit on defense and in the rebounding department. Would love to see it!

I wonder if Smith is looking into this guy. 6ā€™11ā€ former 5 Star McDonalds All-American.

We donā€™t get McDonaldā€™s All Americans.

We get guys who donā€™t even have a McDonaldā€™s in their country.

7 Likes

Agree.
Brown was Pac 12 6th man of the year.
For now, we have to settle for the low hanging fruit.

1 Like

Utes have reached out to PF from Southern Miss.

Rumor has it that Rylan Jones is transferring.

1 Like