Transfer Portal Thread

I stopped watching Ute (and professional) basketball some number of years ago. I’m not familiar with the transfer portal but it seems to be a terrible thing for any situation to let a twenty-something make rash decisions without consequence.

He made a good decision for him. I’m impressed.

Rollie Worster is a ute! I love the pick up!

6 Likes

Plummer just tweeted he is going to stay in school next year. Lists a top 5 of Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Texas Tech, and TDS.

1 Like

I think Utah was a near lock to make the tournament next season if everyone returned (starting 5 includes four guys who can shoot, a shot blocker, a rebounder, two long guards, and an all-conference 1st teamer, all with considerable experience). But Texas is an actual lock. So Timmy went up in that sense.

It’s obviously a good sign that Smith’s players want to keep playing for him, but there is also an effect of moving up to the Pac-12. Larry would have pulled players with him had he been hired by, say, UNC.

2 Likes

I saw on FB that this is the second Aggie to come to the Utes. Help me out, who was the first?

1 Like

You keep saying this, but we were a LONG ways from the tourney this year. What makes you think we would have been a “lock” next year with the same Flawed team?

I guess for the reasons I listed. The bench would have been short, but you’d have a lot of outside shooting, tall athletic guards, an all-conference scorer, a shot blocker, a rebounder, probably the best frontcourt in the conference. Lots of experience among the starters. No covid (fingers crossed).

We finished 44 in kenpom, which is traditionally bubble territory. At a minimum, we’d have been picked fairly high in the preseason polls.

It’s all moot now; we’ll never know what would have happened. The good news is that USU was 46th in kenpom, and we just took two of their guys!

1 Like

Who was the first one? I saw the recent commitment from Worster.

1 Like

I don’t know, I was just repeated what someone said earlier.

FWIW this tweet was posted and deleted this morning by 247. If the mystery additional guy wasn’t Anthony, maybe it was David Collette :wink:

1 Like

Yeah he’s coming to Utah

I know Worster is, but who is the other one?

There’s another one? This is news to me

Not positive, but on Twitter or 247Sports, another USU player was named. But that may have been an error, and the player meant to be mentioned was Worster. So some folks ran with that thinking two USU players were transferring to Utah. As Gilda Radner’s character Roseanadanna would say in SNL, “Never mind.”

1 Like

That would be Emily Litella.

But thanks for the clarification.

I dont know if this will end up happening, but the 247 error was USU’s Marco Anthony. If that happens, that would be a terrific get for us. We need perimeter defenders and thats him.

1 Like

Gilda was simply brilliant. So sad we lost her so young.

1 Like

Marco and Rollie are the only two that were offered. Marco will be here shortly.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with any of these players but generally speaking, it appears the guys transferring out are getting offers from major programs while the guys coming in are from mid-major programs.