Thoughts on UCLA next week

I certainly hope we win in a convincing manner, but an away game with injuries, a new QB and talent development in our recievers I am anxious as all get-out. It’s also reasuring that the O-line seems to be more syncronystic and deeper this year early on. So far, we had 2 challenging wins and decent performance overall. Wondering what the wonks on board would say if they wrote this inconclusive article?

UTES 24 UCKLA 17

go UTES!!!

The UCLA game is a home game for us.

8 Likes

Oh snap!

UTAH 35 UCKLA 9

2 Likes

Too bad we can’t get some snow next Saturday. UCLA deserves a good snow bowl as a going away present.

7 Likes

Well if it’s any consolation, next season they play at Michigan, Indiana, Iowa and Rutgers.

5 Likes

That’s true, but Utah has the greatest snow on earth. :grin:

1 Like

O Cam Rising, Cam Rising, wherefore art thou Cam Rising?

I was curious myself. Any update?

Good luck against the Bruins.

RR

1 Like

I was thinking Chip wanted Garbers to start, but he had 1 TD, 2 picks against Coastal and Dante Moore (FR) played better when he got a chance (2 TD, 1 INT). Moore started SDSU and NC Central and had 5 TDs, no picks in those 2. Has no rushing yards, so not dual threat. I hope our D forces him into some mistakes. 12 sacks, 1 TD for the D!

UCLA went down to SDSU, but this seems like their 1st true road game. The altitude could impact them.

1 Like

The aficionado’s on FB are saying they don’t think Cam will play this week. Since I don’t trust those guys, does anyone here have any inside scoop on if he’s playing? And what about Kuithe?

I am started to wonder if he will play at all this season. That may sound far-fetched, but I’m pessimistic that way. I don’t think Utah has a good chance at all of winning at USC or Washington without him.

2 Likes

I hope we are getting some guys back this week. This injury problem we’re having is worse than back in the day when we played on the rug.

1 Like

My assumption is we’re going to keep investing in Nate.

Nate & Cam were throwing the ball back & forth during the Weber game and Cam ran about 20 yards, looked kind of gingerly… but it could have easily been Cam goofing on the fans, or emphasizing some rehab mechanics, etc.

Nate has a better arm than I thought. We knew it was strong, but he’s got impressive accuracy, too. He just needs to make the next step & realize he doesn’t have to throw frozen ropes everywhere, for fear of getting picked. With all these reps, the game will start to slow down for him.

As much of a gamer as Huntley was, I think Nate has more upside.

12 Likes

They are lazy, slow, dull, and call in “sick” often. When they aren’t complaining about “living wages” they are stealing from the liquor cabinet. If you must hire one be sure to have cameras and review regularly.

If I could give them zero stars I would.

FTFO!

3 Likes

Well now that you’ve told us all about USC grads can we get back to the UCLA game?

12 Likes

Stewart Mandel’s (Athletic) blurb.

No. 22 UCLA at No. 11 Utah (-4.5), 3:30 p.m., Fox

UCLA freshman quarterback Dante Moore is off to a great start, ranked fifth nationally in pass efficiency (albeit on 51 attempts). But unless he’s superhuman, I’d expect an 18-year-old making his first conference road start, in the Pac-12’s most hostile venue, against a defense allowing 270.7 yards per game, to have a tougher time of it this week.

12 Likes

I hope you are correct. I hope we curb-stomp them.
Go UTES!!

We need the crowd and the defense to bring it like no other. If we can keep the score low, I like our chances.

4 Likes

We first need to stop the run. Young QB doesn’t need to make a lot of decisions if they are running it successfully. And they did they last year. Imo that is the biggest key

2 Likes

Be sure to wear the appropriate color this Saturday–we’re striping the stadium. (I’ll be watching in a sports bar in CA, but I’ll wear red.)

3 Likes